This one's for Pookie... - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 04, 2005 at 09:50:17:

even if we had never made a cent in the stock market, we could bring them to the 3 day bootcamp and charge them 3,4 even 5k for that experience.

Heck, I know a guy that paid a guru (R.W.)18k for on going education. I think he’s only been to one of the extra classes!

How many houses could you buy with 18K

This one’s for Pookie… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 03, 2005 at 12:36:41:

Housing’s soft landing
Conway: Jobs, homebuilders helping to sustain market
By Andrea Coombes, MarketWatch
Last Update: 4:44 PM ET June 2, 2005
E-mail it | Print | Alert | Reprint |

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) – When will the housing market bubble burst with a loud pop? Perhaps never, as long as local area job markets remain strong and housing supply limited, some say.

Right now, the economy is producing enough jobs, and the supply of homes in hot areas is low enough to sustain local markets, said Delores Conway, an economist with University of Southern California’s Lusk Center for Real Estate, in an interview with MarketWatch.

“One of the basic things is that we have good job growth,” Conway said. But “most importantly, we have very limited supply,” she said, particularly in hot markets such as Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, New York and Washington, D.C.

In those markets, she said, “there is very limited supply of land.”

Plus, homebuilders are more wary these days. “Builders have gotten much better,” she said.

“In the 90s there was overbuilding before the Southern California bubble burst. We don’t see signs of overbuilding right now,” she said.

“Many builders are held to strict standards, whereby they must if they’re building condominiums, for example, they must have a certain fraction of those sold before they can even break ground. We’re tending to see much less oversupply in the market and much more keeping up with the demand,” she said.

‘Some price declines’

What would cause a bursting bubble? Watch the full interview:
javascript:var pop = window.open(‘/tvradio/player.asp?guid={1CF71745-7054-49E6-B6B4-DE6B2C530628}&clip=conway&type=video’,‘vviewer’,‘width=545,height=425,scrollbars=no,resize=no,location=no,status=no’);

This one is for Barry - Posted by Pookie Wookie

Posted by Pookie Wookie on June 03, 2005 at 13:14:23:

Cheers!

“DOW 36,000 : The New Strategy for Profiting from the Coming Rise in the Stock Market”

Re: Dow 36,000 - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on June 03, 2005 at 17:12:36:

is on half.com for 75 cents (hardcover), is that a deal or what?

Good thing I don’t… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 03, 2005 at 14:02:11:

play the stock market. I’m not into speculating. I make my money on the buy.

How many copies of that book are you trying to unload?

Hey Ed… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 03, 2005 at 18:59:42:

We could buy up a bunch and sell them on eBay. We’ll make a killing! :wink:

Re: Perhaps - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on June 03, 2005 at 20:14:13:

We could write a seminar about some of the info in the book (sort of). Then sell the book for $499 along with a free 90 minute seminar. Plus a modest shipping and handling charge.

We’d have people… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on June 03, 2005 at 20:57:09:

standing in line forcing us to take their money. Then they’d go home, put it in the closet, kick the dog, beat the wife, get a beer from the fridge and sit down to Jerry Springer! ROTFLMAO

Re: Three months later - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on June 04, 2005 at 08:01:40:

We could offer a “special”. Same thing as before but “Buy one get one free” ONLY $1,299. With a $99 discount for cash.