Think, then post. - Posted by HB (socal)

99.9% - It’s Here - But Where? - Posted by 99.9% - Where are you?

Posted by 99.9% - Where are you? on December 25, 2001 at 19:50:40:

David,

I’m a relative newcomer and I would love it if, as you say…

“99.9% of what a newbie need to know is easily available and accessible right here on CREOnline if the neophyte would take a few moments and look around”

Maybe I’m just stupid, but I haven’t been able to find 99.9% of what I’m looking for.

I’ve looked at the How-To articles, but they certainly don’t answer 99.9% of my questions. I suppose I could search for key words, and read ‘umpteen’ posts… but that would take more than a few moments.

The How-To section has great articles, but they aren’t comprehensive in every case. Why else, would they need to pitch a course at the end.

Take Crank-Up-Th-Buying-Machine article. I’m gearing up to do that with ads in the paper to attract L/O and Subjec-To deals. That article seemed to focus on finding Out-of-State owners and working with Realtors to buy Junkers.

Maybe we should break the How-To’s up into categories: Lease/Options, Options, Owner Financing, For Sale By Owner, Pretty Houses, Ugly Houses, …whatever.

I don’t know - but it just isn’t all that obvious for a newcomer, or even a 2 month old.

And anything we can do to light the pass and ease the pain, well - wouldn’t it be worth it?

Richard - I hope people take you up on your offer.

Thanks,
Heidi

Re: Beginners Start Here … - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on December 25, 2001 at 19:26:20:

I would like to see Carleton Sheets discussion group changed to: RE Guru’s Discussion Group.

Tax Deferred Exchange Transactions - Posted by William L. Exeter

Posted by William L. Exeter on December 26, 2001 at 23:49:47:

There are a number of IRC Sections regarding tax-deferred exchange transactions. The most common are 1031 Exchanges (property held for investment, rental or use in a trade or business), 1033 Exchanges (property condemned by government agency) and 1034 Exchanges (personal residence, now superceded by exemption) and 1035 (annuities). Feel free to contact us for additional information at (877) 446-1031.

The Largest List of Chat Acronyms and Text Message Shorthand (IM, SMS) found of the Web - updated daily by NetLingo The Internet Dictionary: Online Dictionary of Internet Terms, Acronyms, Text Messaging, Smileys ;-) (NT) - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on December 25, 2001 at 22:22:05:

Equity Sharing? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on December 25, 2001 at 23:57:54:

Eric C------

Did you mean “Equinity Sharing?”

Good InvestingRon Starr***

Re: 99.9% - It’s Here - But Where? - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on December 26, 2001 at 15:05:54:

You are awfully picky about the free information and help you receive. You won’t even take the time to search the archives?

Jeanne

CS is the most recognized guru - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on December 26, 2001 at 11:26:51:

He is recognized by more of the general public than probably any other REI guru. The way I found this site years ago was after I bought his course from TV, and I was searching for info on the net. I typed in “Carleton Sheets” into a search engine, and found this site. Now, I’m hopelessly addicted to this site :slight_smile:

Tim

Re: 99.9% - It’s Here - But Where? - Posted by Ron (MD)

Posted by Ron (MD) on December 26, 2001 at 15:19:28:

Jeanne,

It’s clear that you folks don’t have any idea what you’re doing. I think it’s time you turned the site over to a couple newcomers…they might help you make something out of it.

Regards,

Ron Guy