the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by Keith

Posted by bedat watches on October 10, 2005 at 17:15:44:

movado watches skagen watches polar watches womens watch skagen watch croton watches jacob watches luminox watches speedo watches omega watches

the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by Keith

Posted by Keith on June 03, 2004 at 12:49:01:

I’m doing some simple lamentated kinko’s bright yellow bandit signs. I have a toll free number and a local number, any insights into which a motivated seller is more likely to call?

There are some national huge “We BUY Houses” billboard signs in my area that all have 1-800 numbers, but I’m wondering does this

a) make them seem more credible
or
b) make them seem more impersonal (ie. not local) and thus I should have my local number

In the grand scheme, I know we’re all just looking for leads, but we also want to maximize our advertising dollars and get that edge.

Thanks for any insight.
-Keith

Re: the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by js-Indianapolis

Posted by js-Indianapolis on June 04, 2004 at 20:01:30:

I just had a lady call me last week, and said, “I saw some other places, but toll free numbers make me leery.” Interesting. I always thought they would provide more of a response, as some people are just plain cheap. This person, however, wanted to deal with someone local.

I think all you can do is test it. Get half your signs with the 800 #, the other half with the local, and test them out in the same locations, same times, maybe a month apart.

Or, skip this whole mess, and don’t be a hack signer, tarnishing the good name of this industry. Especially with cheap kinko’s crap. You’ll look like the multi level marketing crew. If you’re worried about credibility, stay away from signs altogether.

js
Never misses and opportunity to sign bash.

Re: the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on June 04, 2004 at 17:24:38:

As to the national guys, the answer is neither A nor B. Many people know those other guys are national. If you have a house in another state you want to get rid of fast, you can call the toll-free number and you’ll be referred to a franchisee in the area the house is in.

Having a toll-free line also makes it easier to route calls to the right places and track those calls. I have a toll-free number (a vanity number) that goes on all my advertising. I honestly don’t know how many calls come in thru the toll-free number. I hardly think it makes me look any more credible.

stats on toll free numbers and local numbers - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on June 04, 2004 at 16:55:03:

this link will lead you to a bunch of studies on toll free and vanity numbers.

http://www.forsalebyweb.com/nodiscount/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=796

Good luck…

Re: the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by Bryan (NC)

Posted by Bryan (NC) on June 04, 2004 at 13:11:37:

I’ve been very happy with my results so far (after 2 weeks) with an 877 number. It was cheaper than getting a new local service also (I don’t have local service, just a cell phone). I also looked at it from the point that a memorable vanity number was available with an 877 area code, and I didn’t have a easy way to check availability of local vanity numbers.

Re: the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on June 04, 2004 at 01:07:12:

I have both, I get more calls on the local #, also, many people at my investor’s group favor the local. I’m with you guys, use both and keep track.

Re: the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by DE

Posted by DE on June 03, 2004 at 15:46:50:

Is there any way you could try both, half and half or something, and keep track of which number brings you more calls?

Most of the things I’ve read favors the local number. Most people want the personal touch of someone who knows the local area. A toll free number gives a more national appearance. If someone actually knows of a market test on this issue it would be very helpful.

Re: the MOTIVATED seller - toll free OR local? - Posted by Lee Gartner

Posted by Lee Gartner on September 03, 2005 at 20:01:41:

lacrosse shoes womens larger shoes dsw shoes fallen shoes extra wide man shoes purchase shoes online johnston murphy shoes crocs shoes fallen shoes sas brand shoes

you should switch company NOW - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 04, 2004 at 17:42:51:

many toll free services can offer real time call accounting. Time of call, duration, and caller #.