The Big Apple - Posted by Bill

Posted by GIO on March 07, 2000 at 20:25:31:

hey bill good luck if your looking to concentrate in the city, never tried it but if you come across something and need to flip give me a buzz i have the cash. outside of nyc these deals are possible because i specialize in retailing but i have encountered others who do differently
GOOD LUCK

The Big Apple - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on March 05, 2000 at 22:11:22:

I’ve asked this before, but never gotten a good response: would these creative strategies work in New York City? We don’t have much in the way of trailer parks, and even a small house in an undistinguished suburb will run about 200K. Any bright ideas as to how a not-terribly-well financed newbie could get started?
Thanks much.
Bill

Re: The Big Apple - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on March 07, 2000 at 23:20:41:

Much more difficult because:

1. Market is HOT.
  2. Prices are staggering.
  3. No MLS in NYC.

Good luck,
RL

No, it Won’t Work There :slight_smile: - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on March 06, 2000 at 20:05:29:

Even in NYC, there must be people who are motivated to get rid of their house quickly due to divorce, job transfer, financial problems, impending foreclosure, and on and on. These are the motivated sellers - and they are the same across the country. Just remember, where you are, the numbers will be bigger, but the deals will work just the same as anywhere else.

Brian (NY)

Re: No, it Won’t Work There :slight_smile: - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on March 07, 2000 at 20:21:45:

hey Brian, what areas of ny do you mainly work in, and what type of deals do you concentrate in ? i’m also new but my feet are wet, do retailing in l.i , bklyn, and sometimes queens. I want to expand.

Re: No, it Won’t Work There :slight_smile: - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on March 06, 2000 at 22:19:22:

Dear Brian,
Thanks very much for the response. I’m a total newbie, trying to get my feet wet and my nerve up, if that’s anatomically possible. I’ll keep trying, but it seems like I’m going to have to get a bit further out in the burbs. Manhattan is not a good place for a novice in any venture, based upon my years in business.

Thanks again,
Bill

Re: No, it Won’t Work There :slight_smile: - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on March 08, 2000 at 10:58:05:

I live in the area too. I have certificates in R.E
once had m license. I want to work investments
(flipping, optioning/sell notes) are you looking to work with some one? what have you done?

Re: No, it Won’t Work There :slight_smile: - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on March 07, 2000 at 21:19:14:

Hi Gio,

I’ve got it easy…I’m way upstate, about 4 hrs from you; cow and corn country. Plenty of room up here for L/Os, retail, flips you name it. Oh yeah…I can do mobiles up here, too :slight_smile:

Brian