That's why the do a LIVE AUCTION - Posted by dealmaker

Posted by dealmaker on March 18, 2005 at 08:04:21:

Well purchase will be $24.4K.
ARV should be mid $60-$70K, that’s what the last two comps I did in this area sold for.

The down size is that one of the owners enclosed a full width front porch. And like most folks just ran 2X4s from the old rafters to the new top plate. The result is a very low pitch on this part and there’s some water damage to sheetrock.

My plan is to re-frame the roof (actually have a crew do it to make the two new rooms less “creepy” and eliminate future roof problems caused by dodgy work. Other than the framing the rest will be roofing, replacing about 9 pieces of siding, bunch of trim and a re-sheetrocking the front bedrooms.

I figure it’ll run me from $5K-$12K depending on whether I change the roof pitch or just repair it and put a proper roof on the low pitch.

When done I’ll have a nice 3/2 in a neighborhood that’s a good mix of working class, middle class and retired folks. The one extra this place has is a “view of the lake”.

I seller finance my deals with $2K-$3K down, usually around 8-9%, 30 year amortization, 5 year balloon. Usually takes one ad in the paper to attract enough buyers to pick and choose. So if I end up putting in another $10000, and sell for 67K I’ll have doubled my money, financing $65K gives me cash flow of $477/mo, of which $430 is interest income.

Not too bad, just gotta get going on it.

dealmaker

dealmaker

That’s why the do a LIVE AUCTION - Posted by dealmaker

Posted by dealmaker on March 17, 2005 at 22:12:44:

Went to the Austin TX HUD auction tonight, first time I attended the live ones. I had checked out 3 of the 17 and was really only interested in 1, mildly interested in another.

The funny thing was that most of them went for less than the lender’s had had them on MLS, except for one. I had looked at it, rough house, rough neighborhood, about 5 other places within 6 blocks that are MLS now but I’d bet they’re on the auction block in a few months.

The agent that I’d looked at this place with agreed that it was smart to pass on this one even at the $25K MLS price. Two guys got into a bit of a bidding war at the live auction and bid it up to $28.5K.

Anyway I got mine within $200 of the max I had set so I feel OK, at least now I’ve got a rehab job for the next month or two.

dealmaker

Re: That’s why the do a LIVE AUCTION - Posted by rdlazo

Posted by rdlazo on March 18, 2005 at 05:12:07:

Dealmaker,
What will be your ARV?
What do you expect to make?
Can you show us the money?
RDLAZO