Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on September 06, 2002 at 16:17:42:

JP,

Thank you not only for changing back the color scheme, but also for ALL the great things you and ‘the team’ do on this site.

Keep up the good work.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on September 06, 2002 at 02:06:49:

Just wondering if it is only me or not, but all the links are now light blue and a lighter light blue. :slight_smile:

Makes it harder to read than two colors a bit more off so you can distinguish them apart.

Is everyone else seeing blue and light blue for the links? I checked my IE settings to see if I could change it, but using Blue and Red didn’t help. I checked the web site source code here and I think it is setting the colors so my thought is that I can’t change the colors in my browser.

And as a future suggestion, would it be possible to add a new button for the forums that says messages for the past 2 days? I don’t need a week, but having a way to see the messages over the past 2 days would be nice. If that button was here now, I wouldn’t care because the color blend in the View Today’s Message isn’t as noticable there.

I am west coast, so if I retreat to my room after 10:00 pm PST, the view today’s messages only show those that happened after midnight where you are. So I have to use the main page to go down to about where I think I last read earlier in the day. I use the color offset to notice which messages I have read already so I don’t click on them.

Just a suggestion…

Re: Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 06, 2002 at 10:43:38:

I agree with everyone also except for that one little color thing. Everything is so nicely catagorized now, I spend alot of time on this site already and now it will just keep me on a little longer than usual.

Well, I guess that’s not a bad thing.

I agree NT - Posted by Bizman

Posted by Bizman on September 06, 2002 at 09:42:50:

Re: Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on September 06, 2002 at 07:43:58:

We’ll turn the visited links back to gray later today, Tim. As to the 2-day thing, I doubt it. Too much re-programming required.

Re: Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on September 06, 2002 at 06:50:50:

This is without question my favorite web site. If I miss my daily visit to the news group, I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Wish I could spend more time here. And I agree that the new “look” is terrific. JP & Terry, keep up the good work! However, I’ve got to agree about the new color scheme for the links on the news groups. For those of us who were born in the earliest of the Baby Boom years (as well as the rest of the over 50 crowd), the new color change makes it pretty tough on the old eyeballs.

Like you, I went looking for a way to change my settings. Knowing just enough about 'puters to do what I want to do means that there’s an awful lot of stuff that’s a mystery to me. Wouldn’t have a clue as to how to check the web site source code and even if I were able to check it, I probably wouldn’t be able to understand it. I buy a new computer every few years, just so that I don’t get left too far behind hardware wise. Keeping up with the advances in technology can be a daunting task. (Now, where did I put that 5¼" floppy boot-up disk for my 8088?)

If anyone knows of a way for me to do something at the user level, I’d sure appreciate the help. If it’s strictly something that the Vaughan’s would have to change, consider this post my vote for a more distinct differentiation.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Re: Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on September 06, 2002 at 04:35:42:

tim,
i noticed that yesterday as well and i agree, it makes it harder to read. even thought there’s a noticable difference, i have to look more closely when it’s just scrolling by. a bigger contrast between the colors would be really helpful.
michaela

Re: Terry & JP, Is it only me? - Posted by J.P.

Posted by J.P. on September 06, 2002 at 07:41:05:

I agree, Jim. Even though I’m only 39, it is a little tough to tell what’s what. lol We’ll change the visited links back to the light gray today.

JP

Not only me after all; but readability is back! - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on September 06, 2002 at 21:15:56:

I see we have distinguishing colors again!

Thank You!!!