termite problem - Posted by CedricR

Posted by CedricR. on April 24, 2008 at 04:30:17:

I see their trucks all the time, I’ll call them today.
Thanks, CedricR.

termite problem - Posted by CedricR

Posted by CedricR on April 22, 2008 at 13:16:08:

I have a rental (Sec 8) that has termites. We caught them early; the damage is so slight, there are no structural problems. We are figuring they just got started on the house as they were swarming from an old pine tree stump in the front yard.

The problem is that the pest control company will NOT do a treatment; the front basement/foundation wall is solid concrete and they cannot treat the interior of the wall. (No kidding! I doubt the bugs would penetrate the concrete wall anyway!)

What options do I have? I have YEARS of construction experience (including termite damage repair) so I can probably treat it myself if need be. Anybody have ideas of how to effectively kill the rest of these bugs?

Re: termite problem - Posted by Jack E

Posted by Jack E on April 30, 2008 at 15:26:32:

As an old termiter of many years ago, I can tell you, sub teranean termites can penetrate any concrete barrier if there are cracks in it. Treat it your self.

Change companies - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on April 22, 2008 at 16:42:42:

A townhouse I owned had termites get into one of the buildings in the complex. The termite company (Terminex in this case, but Clark pest Control will do the same thing) set up bait and traps outside, sprayed, and set traps and bait inside as well. They had a package already defined for the kind of treatment required which implies they do this particular set a lot.

Re: Change companies - Posted by CedricR

Posted by CedricR on April 22, 2008 at 16:51:10:

Ha! That was the wife’s suggestion; get a second opinion. Ya’ll in cahoots? :wink:

Re: Change companies - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on April 22, 2008 at 22:26:21:

I, like Rich-CA, have had very good results with Terminix for years and years…you got bugs…the come and gett’em.