- Posted by Mike in CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 28, 2005 at 18:39:32:

MIke: I’ve sold right after tax sale with a year long escrow–dispersing
90% of the money at the time of opening the escrow and the remaining
10% after the 1 year mark has passed. However, if your builder needs
lender funds then he needs title insurance and probably wouldn’t be
interested in such an arrangement.

Have you talked to a title company in FL to find out what they need.
Could be totally different there than here. They may allow bonding or
they may have other ways to issue title on tax sale property.

Best of success to you. Kristine - Posted by Mike in CA

Posted by Mike in CA on July 28, 2005 at 11:31:16:

Does anyone have experience with They provide tax deed title insurance without a quiet title action. One of my properties was purchased at a tax sale and requires title insurance. According to their website, they can accomplish this at a fraction of the cost of a quiet title action. Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 28, 2005 at 14:01:17:

I’ve spoken with the owner a couple of times. It’s kinda of the only gig
in town if you are trying to sell property acquired via tax sales in CA
and want to sell before one year.

They are title insurers who take on a higher risk. Their
insurance doesn’t replace a quiet title action suit. If you have a
property with other title issues besides the recent tax sale, they may
not insure it. Or you may need a quiet title anyway. If you are just
looking to re-sell after your purchase, taxtitleservices is probably the
way to go.

As I remember, the price was about double a regular policy. But given
what it allows you to do that seemed like a good deal.

What kind of property do you have and who are you trying to sell it to?
I’ve used other ways to sell before one year on my tax sale properties.

Re: - Posted by Mike in CA

Posted by Mike in CA on July 28, 2005 at 15:07:01:


Thanks for the response. I own a vacant lot (zoned commercial) in Tampa, FL that I am selling to an infill builder. It was initially purchased at the Hillsborough County tax sale. Have you had any problems selling without title insurance or did you go through taxtitleservices?


Mike in CA

P.S.: I’m the guy in Ventura County who e-mailed you a few months ago about birddogging. Hope you are doing well!