Taxtime - professional help - Posted by Bo (GA)

Posted by Tom in NE on January 21, 1999 at 09:47:30:

Call a few of them up and ask.
I was working on my first deal a year ago and stopped at my local insurance office ( his wife & daughter do accounting ) to get all the numbers. I wasn’t sure if real estate was for me or not. I told them what I was doing and they said they’d been in the rental business for years. Since then they’ve been a great source for info and encougement.
Ask and ye shall recieve.

Taxtime - professional help - Posted by Bo (GA)

Posted by Bo (GA) on January 21, 1999 at 07:37:56:

It is that time of the year again, and since last year was my first year of really getting in to REI, I have decided that I will now need the help from a professional to do my taxes . Can anybody recommend a way of easily finding an accountant that understands RE, or even better, recommend somebody in North Fulton, GA?

Thanks in advance

Bo (GA)

Re: Taxtime - professional help - Posted by The Baze

Posted by The Baze on January 21, 1999 at 19:56:12:

Try your local real estate investment club. If there are any CPAs in that club, and if they’ve done any deals, it’s a decent bet they’ve got a handle on the tax aspects of real estate investing.

Tom Bazley

Re: Taxtime - professional help - Posted by John Butler(Stl)

Posted by John Butler(Stl) on January 21, 1999 at 11:38:46:

Bo,

I would recommend getting “Aggressive Tax Avoidance for Real Estate Investors” by John T. Reed. This book is available on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com at a discount off the list price of $29.95. I work at an accounting firm(in computers) and this book gave me additional deductions that my coworkers didn’t use.

Just as it is important to know how to manage you property managers, it is important to know how to supervise you accountant. Remember it is YOU ultimately who is reponsible for what they submit to the IRS and the associated tax.

Hope this helps,

John