tax sales in tx - Posted by johnb

Posted by John (TX on June 21, 2000 at 21:02:44:

That should be the entire list. As far as researching the properties I would suggest buying a book or course. Joel Moskowitz has a book entitled, “The 16% solution” which is pretty good but somewhat general. It can be purchased at most book stores or many online sources.

If you would rather have a course I would suggest John Beck’s. He has a course specific to Texas. It can be purchased on this site or directly from John’s site.

Good Luck,
John

tax sales in tx - Posted by johnb

Posted by johnb on June 18, 2000 at 20:49:04:

In info on how tax sales are handled in texas. When sales are held in locations such as Parker or Tarrent Co. Whatis right of redemption and the like. Would greatly appreciate in info you might have or source for the info.

Re: tax sales in tx - Posted by mike-tx

Posted by mike-tx on June 19, 2000 at 19:53:58:

John, I live and work in Parker County, the sales here are held on an irregular and infrequent basis, however, for property that they have title to, the tax authority will accept written bids each month for consideration by the board of directors. If you are active in Parker County and want any more info, e-mail me and we can talk.

Re: tax sales in tx - Posted by John (TX)

Posted by John (TX) on June 18, 2000 at 23:46:23:

The right of redemption period is the same statewide and is as follows:

2 years for homesteaded and agricultural use properties,
6 month for all others.

However, different counties have different schedules for tax sales (auctions). For example Harris County (where I live) has a sale every month. But many counties have long periods of time between sales, sometimes a year or more. So you will have to check the counties you are interested in to determine when the sales are held. As a general rule, the more rural a county the fewer sales they will have. Also, no matter how often or infrequently a sale is held it MUST be held on the first Tuesday of any given month.

For more info on tax sales in Texas check out this article by John Beck in the How-To section of this site. http://www.creonline.com/articl85.htm

Re: tax sales in tx - Posted by Srini

Posted by Srini on June 19, 2000 at 10:19:54:

John(TX),

Is there a web site where I can get the list of properties that will be auctioned for the Harris county? The information would be very helpful. Thanks.

Posted by John (TX) on June 19, 2000 at 13:32:16:

You can get a list from the County Clerk’s office. I don’t know if it’s online or not.

Posted by Srini on June 20, 2000 at 16:56:53:

I have found these sites, which have some properties listed -

These sites don’t have too many listings. Can you tell me what is the procedure to get the list from the County clerk? Should I go to the County office in person or…? Thanks.

Posted by John (TX) on June 20, 2000 at 22:09:44:

Try contacting the law firm that handles the tax sales for the County. They can be reached at (713) 844-3400.

Posted by Srini on June 21, 2000 at 16:30:31:

Thanks for the info. I got the list from the law firm(for august sale). The list doesn’t contain too many properties. Some of them are struck off earlier. Is this the complete list or is there another list…? Please let me know.

I learnt few things about the listed properties by looking in the Appraisal district’s web site. I have to learn how to research these properties…? Any help in this area…? Thanks.