Taking a Chance - Posted by Fran

Posted by SCook85 on January 09, 2001 at 20:05:31:

Fran,

The first thing that I would like to note is that REI is not a game of chance. If you are going to roll the dice and gamble then you are setting yourself up for failure. There are real estate deals that work, and there are those that don’t. You want the ones that work. If you seek those you won’t lose.

There is plenty of information on the web about real estate investing, in fact most of it is right here at this site. There is probably more on this site then all other investing sites combined. If it isn’t here, you simply ask about it on the newgroup and someone will be able to answer your questions.

As far as doing flips and investing in notes go, you don’t need a license or anything else. I understand that if you want to broker notes that you will have to be licensed in some states, but I dont’ know what states those are.

I personally prefer wholesale flipping and would recommend that you go that route if you are looking for something to do. However I know some people knocking down some great “subject-to” deals.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Taking a Chance - Posted by Fran

Posted by Fran on January 09, 2001 at 19:20:11:

My fiancee and I have been talking about REI. I am currently working part time and thought it might be a good idea for me to do this. I have no idea where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

We have been talking about doing flips and possibly investing in notes. Are there any certifications that I would need to get started, or can I just go out and do it? I have been looking for information online about REI and am finding there is not much information out there.

We will be attending the CRE Convention, but I would like to get started now, not after April.

Thank you in advance!

Fran