Suggestions - Posted by Jim

Posted by ray@lcorn on April 14, 2010 at 13:54:54:

Jim,

Thanks for the kind words and the suggestions.

I’m glad to know you enjoyed the video. Accent? Me? Nahhh… everybody around here talks the same way I do, except for the “come-here’s” and college kids! :wink:

Credit Terry Vaughan (co-owner of CRE Online) for getting the DVD done. He had the idea, did the camera work, editing and post-production work. All I had to do was show up and start talking. I was very pleased with the quality, and I’d ideally I’d like to do a series of videos that match the four modules of my book.

The “Getting Started…” video essentially covers the first module with an overview of the other three, covering key points such as due diligence, valuation, and investment strategies.

The next three modules of the book cover property types (including NNN), management, valuation, finance, tax issues and advanced deal structures and strategies, all in great detail.

My guess is it will take about six 2-hour DVD’s to cover it all, and frankly I just haven’t committed to the time required to get it done. Your request is timely though, as I am developing a format for a workshop radically different than the standard tell-and-sell seminars and video is a component of that. Stay tuned, as I’ll post updates here first.

As for compiling the posts here into a book, yes I’ve thought about it, but never seriously because of the work involved. According to the archives I’ve got over 5,500 posts here and the compilation would be quite an undertaking. If you have a “good, perhaps young, [and energetic!] writer/editor” in mind, email me at ray@lcorn.com. :wink:

Best,

ray

Suggestions - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on April 13, 2010 at 06:23:32:

Ray, I loved your last video on getting started in real estate.

Could I respectfully submit two ideas for your consideration.

First, would you ever consider writing a book consisting of a compendium of your answers to questions on this website for the last ten years. All you would need is a good, perhaps young, writer/editor who could compile your answers and organize them into related topics. You would simply have to bless the end result.

Secondly, would you consider doing a video on triple-net leases like the one above?

Just a few thoughts for your consideration.

And one last observation, I was surprised to learn on your video that you have a southern accent (or do I have a midwestern accent?) :).

Thanks, Ray, for all your years of selfless service.

Jim