Suggestion - Posted by BB

Posted by Dr. B. (OH) on June 02, 2011 at 06:39:19:

My sentiments exactly.

Suggestion - Posted by BB

Posted by BB on June 01, 2011 at 20:20:14:

I recently purchased a two acre lot with a good 16 x 80 mobile home and a 16 x 80 mobile home that has been converted to a storage shed. I need some advice as to what I can do with the storage shed in that I plan to add three more MH’s on the property.

The storage shed has been gutted; one end was cut open to allowing for riding mower access and doors were made from the cut piece; and the flat roof has been bent on one end due to a fallen tree.

First, does anyone think that storage shed as is has any marketable value to someone else?

Second, could I recreate the interior and put a roof over cheaper than the cost of purchasing an old MH plus the delivery and set-up?

Third, should I use it as is and junk it later when I need the space?

What is your opinion?

Re: Suggestion - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on June 01, 2011 at 20:56:44:

It looks like you are attempting to create a small park and if you have some space where this home could be moved and not take up usable land then I would suggest you keep it as a shed. Even at these small parks it can be extremely useful to have a place to store repair supplies, lawn mowers etc.

I did this in my first park and it worked very well. I added skirting to make the home blend in with the others. No one would have known it was not a rental home.

It saved me money in not having to demo the home and it saved me money by not having to run all over town to pick up supplies. I often stored odd pieces and parts here that I did not need at the moment but that often times came in handy later on.

Tony