SueC...How'd your USPS mailing go? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on July 02, 2001 at 21:08:31:

nt

SueC…How’d your USPS mailing go? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on June 25, 2001 at 19:14:24:

Was it faster, cheaper and easier than using a printer or doing it yourself?

Did you feel the response was better, worse or the same as competing methods?

Dan

Re: How my USPS mailing went! - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on June 29, 2001 at 10:32:53:

Sorry I never got back on this, I’ve been pretty busy with calls coming in (yay!) from a variety of advertising…

Anyway, I was THRILLED with the service! I sent my copy and list on Thursday, and it went out on Saturday! I sent myself 2 postcards as a let’s see, and they arrived on Tuesday. The cards were as good as anything else I’ve had printed professionally.

As for response, I have had two calls since they were delivered last Tueday, one of which didn’t pan out, but another one that I’ll be discussing with th seller when she gets back from vacation. Hopefully a L/O candidate, not much equity to interest an agent, but enough for me ($10K).

That is a much better percent response than the 4-5 responses per 10K pieces I got with a Val-Pak mailing, but the cost per lead is higher (4 leads for $325 vs. 2 leads for $240). I expect I might get some more postcard calls though.

I like the fact that a card is sent directly to people instead of in an obvious blue envelope that most people toss without opening. And my response might be different with a different card or different location, so I still intend to test with the USPS a little more. It’s costly though and mailing in the summer can be a bad idea so I’ll probably do it for Sept.

All in all, it was so convenient it’s just not worth it to do them myself any more, as the postage savings paid for the printing.

For anyone else who didn’t get it the first time, it’s the postal service, NetMail Online, www.usps.com