Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by leslie - FL

Posted by Gene CA on June 30, 2005 at 16:03:28:

Great advise. My area is mostly elderly folks and I always have folks asking about small places for rent. At first it suprised me. But I think your take on it is right on.

With the baby boomers getting closer to retirement…this might be a good hand to play.

Gene

Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by leslie - FL

Posted by leslie - FL on June 30, 2005 at 13:35:02:

When you buy trashed and/or vacant houses, and the house is smaller than generally desirable, for instance a 2/1 with possibly 900 square feet, is there an offer to make where you’ll just about always be able to sell it to a rehabber for profit?

Those junkers might have an ARV these days of $150,000! Would offering and getting accepted 50% of ARV less the cost of repairs “guarantee” a profit on a tiny house? The house would not be in a war zone. Or could there still be a problem finding an interested rehabber?

I’ll appreciate anyhelp I can get here.

Re: Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on July 04, 2005 at 19:26:55:

We’ve lately gotten into the habit of adding a second story to the smaller properties we acquire. This especially works well when the house needs a tear-off an re-roof, anyway.

Thanks to all and I apologize - Posted by leslie - FL

Posted by leslie - FL on July 03, 2005 at 14:24:37:

Thanks to all who wrote - your answers were just what I was looking for. I apologize for the delay in responding to you all - my computer seems to have breathed its last breath; I have to go to the library presently to get logged on. Thanks again.

Re: Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on July 01, 2005 at 07:23:38:

Leslie,

I think, if the property is priced right, this could be a perfect candidate for an addition.

FOr example, here in Atlanta we have an area called Grant Park, that is mainly victorians. When it was transitioning, in the early 90’s, they buyers were mainly young singles and couples, and small houses were in demand.

Now, that the neighborhood has changed - those couples are now families with children and they want bigger houses. ALso, the prices have gone up so much, that the new people moving in, are families with children. Suddenly the smaller 2/1 home prices have dropped.

These are now perfect candidates to buy at a lower price, add on, and make them comparable to the larger homes.

But keep in mind, that not every rehabber wants to deal with additions. ALso, the price range in the area has to be supportive. It probably wouldn’t work in an area, where the prices are below 100k.

Michaela

Re: Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by KPC

Posted by KPC on June 30, 2005 at 15:02:51:

as a landlord, I personally like smaller houses. It limits the number of people living there and keeps the rent low.

Re: Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by Phil

Posted by Phil on June 30, 2005 at 13:53:01:

2 Bedroom houses in out area - are paper weights. Nobody wants them. Well, not anybody. But its much harder for us to rent/lease/flip or do much with a two bedroom. We don’t buy them.

Re: Thanks to all and I apologize - Posted by Chuck Rosenberg

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 05, 2005 at 06:26:10:

wine tours napa valley calories wine home wine rack wine racking systems wall mounted wine racks strawberry wine wine vault wine making barrels wine making supply wine racks metal

skagen watch - Posted by skagen watch

Posted by skagen watch on October 10, 2005 at 07:59:53:

fine watch omega watches bulova watches swarovski crystal watch sector watches swiss army watches citizen dive watches divers watch michelle watches bling bling watches

Re: Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by rdlazo

Posted by rdlazo on June 30, 2005 at 14:34:43:

Population is aging and those 2 br
houses or even 1 br can be ideal for
an elderly couple to rent for a long
time and they tend not to go
anywhere because of their age.
They don’t want changes if possible.
They are responsible rent payers
compared to other age group.
It is much better housing than apartments
and mobile homes if house is in decent
condition.
I will buy it at the right price
and right cash flow.

Re: Successful strategies with tiny houses - Posted by Chuck Rosenberg

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 05, 2005 at 14:14:00:

reno wine shop restaurant wine cellar strawberry wine carneros wine wine party dallas wine racks metal wine rack kits leather wine carrier wine storage scottsdale arizona napa limousine wine tours