Success story - Posted by Mary Ann

Posted by Kristine Poe on July 01, 2000 at 21:48:25:

Maryanne: Congratulations and thanks for the detailed success story! Great story, especially since the first deal leads you right into the second. Sounds like you’re in business.

Keep us posted on future deals. Sincerely–Kristine

Success story - Posted by Mary Ann

Posted by Mary Ann on July 01, 2000 at 18:54:32:

Hi! Well, I have completed my first mobile home deal. We bought a double wide home first of June. The woman originally was asking for $8000.00. By the time I talked to her, she was down to $5000.00. Before hanging up, I asked if I could pay cash what was the least she could take. She said $4000.00. My husband went to take a look. She would not budge off the price anymore. Seller and I spoke on the phone again a couple of weeks later. During the conversation I asked her what she was going to do if she didn’t sell her home. She replied that she was just going to leave it. I immediately told her that I was short on cash, but I would give her $3000.00. She said okay. The first ad I ran was a dud. Only 3-4 calls. I received some great advice from others here. I completely changed my ad and started receiving lots of calls. After advertising it for 1 1/2 weeks, I phoned Lonnie. I learned a lot in our conversation and felt much more confident. We were asking $8000.00 and sending people by to see it, telling the go on in because the lock was broken. I now understand that this was a mistake. I needed to be there to negotiate. Lonnie also told me that we were priced way to low. That same day a man who lived in a single wide in the same park came to see us. He offered us a choice of $5000.00 and his 2 bedroom/2bath MH or $7000 cash. We took the first choice. We made only $1000 on MH #1, but we should be able to make about $7000 on the second. We could have made the same amt. on home #1, but I needed to free up some cash. On this deal, I was able to create $5000 cash flow and will be able to create a note with the second MH.
My husband was laid off his job 3 months ago. He has been doing remodeling since. He works long hours 6-7 days a week. He said mobile homes are looking better and better to him . ha,ha
I was so impressed with Lonnie when I spoke with him. He is so down to earth and doesn’t have a big guru head.
Thanks everyone for your help and support! I wish you all great success.
Mary Ann
P.S. I left my ad in paper and now have a long list of prospects.

Re: Success story - Posted by Glenn

Posted by Glenn on July 30, 2000 at 19:21:04:

I paid 6900 for moving and set up, blocked and leveled. I would check for trade-ins at a dealer. This way you can get a package deal.

Re: Success story - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on July 02, 2000 at 07:36:42:

Hi Mary Ann,

Congratulations. Let us know how the other one turns out.

Welcome to a great business,

Lonnie