Subject to deal - Posted by Sarah

Posted by Michael on June 21, 2001 at 11:25:58:

Sarah,

What you first need to do is educate yourself on the subject and if you don’t have alot of money to spend read everything on this site. Read ALL the “how to” articles and the success stories. There is enough FREE information in those articles to get your creative juices flowing. Then you can decide what type of real estate investing will be right for you!

Bye for now

Michael KY.

Subject to deal - Posted by Sarah

Posted by Sarah on June 21, 2001 at 09:45:17:

I’m extremely new at this and have only read a few books from the library. Reading these posts I get a lot more questions and am not sure who to go to. Any suggestions? Questions like
What is a subject to deal?
How do you buy a house and get money at closing? That seems so opposite of what normally happens.
Why do I need to go to the court house, what am I looking for there?
I know I probably sound very ignorant but honestly I just wanna learn.

Re: Subject to deal - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on June 21, 2001 at 11:32:58:

A subject to deal means subject to the existing financing. In other words, you take over the payments. IF a seller has virtually no equity in their home, they would lose money by trying to sell through an agent (commission). Go to the archives and type in subject to. This should help you learn more about them. As for going to the courthouse, most information regarding a piece of real estate is a matter of public record. If you find a vacant property, it is usually easy to find the owner’s name. It would also be a good idea to join an investors club in your area if there is one. These people can give a lot of insight as to how things are done in your area.