Subdivision lots for mobiles - Posted by Ray

Posted by SteveC_GA on January 06, 2003 at 22:14:51:

Ray,

Placing mobiles on land and offering land/home packages can be a very lucrative investment if certain conditions are present. First, the market must be there to sell the mobile homes. Second, you will need to be near the project or have someone you trust close by to show and sell the homes.

I have worked with Ernest Tew on several deals and he has the knowledge you are searching for in this type of venture.

I’d call him up and bend his ear, all it will cost you is the price of a phone call.

Good luck.

Steve Case
P.S. His number is 352-475-1800 Tell him I told you to call.

Subdivision lots for mobiles - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on January 06, 2003 at 21:39:11:

I have an opportunity to acquire lots in a subdivision at a very good price. Subdivision has several sections. Some sections are upscale site built homes, but I’m dealing in a section that allows mobiles. Amenities include golf course (membership comes with lot ownership), waterfront park, marina, city water and sewer. Game plan is to put a driveway and pad on each lot, buy used mobiles, put them on the lots, file paperwork to convert to real property, and finance the sale of each one. Any advice would be appreciated.

If I can’t find enough mobiles to buy within a reasonable time, I was thinking about renting some of the lots to mobile owners to park their own homes. Anybody done this?
Thanks.
ray