Straight answer. - Posted by C. Bryan

Posted by Matt Kempf on March 27, 2001 at 06:55:51:

Brett,
I am about to order the CS course too in 1 week. I am waiting on my income tax refund :slight_smile: … I wonder the same things as C.Bryan. Your idea of having an “email group” for the CS newbies is a great idea, count me in. I will give you any ideas or help that I can offer, for the same in return.

my email address is " mattster@email.com "

Thanks.
Matt Kempf

Straight answer. - Posted by C. Bryan

Posted by C. Bryan on March 26, 2001 at 20:53:59:

Okay, so now I’ve read several of the postings about CS and other RE gurus. The only thing I haven’t read, unless I’ve missed it, is a straight answer about whether the CS method works or not. So now I’m going to pose a straight- forward question and hope to get a clear-cut, straight- forward answer.

I’ve just ordered the CS CD’s after years of pondering its potential effectiveness. It should arrive any day.

I’m an intelligent (I think) guy who has had enough of the years of the 9-5 grind and working for and with people I can barely stand. I need to be my own boss, call the shots and make it on my own financially. I’m done playing around and don’t want to waste any more time. That’s why I’ve ordered the CS program.

Now the big questions: Will this program work? Will I come away with easy-to-understand information that will allow me to buy/sell/rent properties in a fairly quick fashion. Will I be able to make a good living using the information provided to me on these cd’s? Will I eventually be able to leave my current job and work just for myself and my family, or am I just wasting my time and money? I mean, can I do this from exactly what comes in the mail and nothing else (except determination, which I have)?

Someone please tell me…Yes, go out and get 'em or send the thing back and look for another way out of your current personal torment known as “your job”.

I thank you for your honesty in advance.

Hiya - Posted by Thomas C. Bryan

Posted by Thomas C. Bryan on April 03, 2001 at 15:51:11:

My answer only has to do with your name… lol

My middle name is Clay… What part of states you live in?

Re: Straight answer. - Posted by Jeff W

Posted by Jeff W on March 27, 2001 at 15:50:05:

I am about half way through the course myself. I am very excited about about the possibilities. I’ll be honest, I would have never ordered the course except that a friend at work has had success with the methods in the course. He owns 7 properties in Florida that give him a small positive cash flow. He told me that he got $400 at the time of closing of his first house. His goal is now to buy more properties here in Texas. He admits that it is time consuming to look for the right situations to do a no money down deal, but he has done it 7 times, all in his spare time.

I’ve read a couple of the debunking efforts by the skeptics on the web and it honestly scared me a little. However, I am fortunate enough to have all the proof I need that these methods work from my friend in the office. Just remember that this is not a get rich quick scheme and it will take a lot of work to have great success. People who try to discourage you either don’t understand the methods, or have insecurities that are exposed by seeing these creative methods.

Just remember that it is a numbers game. If it was easy then everyone would be rich already. Be persistent and you can do it.

Re: Straight answer. - Posted by MH in PA

Posted by MH in PA on March 27, 2001 at 12:46:56:

‘Does CS course work?’… to me, and I am green to the bones in REI… I think it will depend on what you do with the information he provides.

For me… the hundred and some odd dollars I spent TWICE (bought a course… did nothing… updated the course…used it) saved me just under $14,000 on the house that I bought for my family (we upgraded).

Now I am looking to get into the investment side of things, since my primary residence is taken care of.

Worth it. You bet. Good information… Again yes… but as others have said. DO NO STOP learning and reading and listening.

Best of luck!

My Opinion - Posted by Judd

Posted by Judd on March 27, 2001 at 11:22:14:

Mr. Bryan,
I am in the military and move every 2-3 years. In doing so, I have purchased 3 SFH’s which I have rented out at a small positive cash flow (each) after all expenses. At tax time it saves even more due to the write-offs of interest/taxes/insurance/depreciation. My initial RE education was from reading both free books from libraries, and some I purchased.
I bought the CS program in 1993(?). I have not purchased a residence with no money down, but have used several ideas in the CS course which saved several thousand dollars on two purchases since then.
The only reason I have not bought property for no money down is that I have not followed the program, and spent the time to do so(this is where most people will make excuses on this part). Do I think it is possible? Absolutely. It is just a numbers game. Look for motivated sellers, and make enough offers, and you can buy property with no money down. If people say they cannot do it, they have not followed the system. The CS program is an excellent source of information, but without action on your part, you will not buy property for no money down.
For those people thinking about buying this program, I would recommend going to Ebay, where I have seen it for as cheap as $50(of course no return).
Study the program when you get it. Read all the info on this website several times, and follow the last chapter in the course. If you are very aggressive, I think you could be self-employeed within a year. An average person, working 15-20 hours a week (evenings and weekends) could do so within 5 years easy.

This is just my opinion, but think it is pretty realistic.
Good luck to all,
Judd

YES! There are straight answers. - Posted by Todd (MO)

Posted by Todd (MO) on March 27, 2001 at 11:00:26:

I agree with everything that David is saying, but that is not the “straight” questions that C. Bryan was asking. Every question does not have to be looked at in so much depth. No wonder so many newbies are getting confused.

C. Bryan asked for straight answers to his questions, they are:

Will this program work? YES!

Will I come away with easy-to-understand information that will allow me to buy/sell/rent properties in a fairly quick fashion. YES!

Will I be able to make a good living using the information provided to me on these cd’s? YES!

Will I eventually be able to leave my current job and work just for myself and my family, or am I just wasting my time and money? YES! You will eventually be able to do this.

I mean, can I do this from exactly what comes in the mail and nothing else (except determination, which I have)? YES! You can.

All this is possible…provided you work it.

Continued Success

Todd

there is NO straight answer… - Posted by David S

Posted by David S on March 27, 2001 at 07:58:14:

just as there is NO “one size fits all” course.

I own dozens of Real Estate and marketing courses. I can honestly state that I have learned something from each and every one. It doesn’t take alot of information to make a course worth hundreds, even tens of thousands of dollars.

If you buy a course and expect “the course” to work, you are in for an unpleasant experience. Look at a course as a roadmap, plain and simple. The roads are there, but if you fail or refuse to follow them, what’s the point of having the map to begin with?

I think that anyone who expects any course ($99 or $10,000) to make everything happen for you is being a bit conservative with their brain.

That being said, if you buy a course, any course, you are way ahead of the game. Just remember that of the hundreds of RE courses available today, NONE will work if you aren’t willing to follow the roadmap… and that roadmap may lead you to another course for additional information.

David S

Re: Straight answer. - Posted by Brett

Posted by Brett on March 26, 2001 at 22:40:51:

I was wondering the same thing. I should be receiving my CS course this week as well. I think it would be benificial to form some kind of an email group of newbies on this course to share experiences with. If you are interested, let me know. Also, if there are any others out there, let me know as well.
The one thing that I have noticed about the people from this forum is that everyone is very willing to share advice and experiences. I think that is definitely something that makes being a Creative RE investor so great. You have a big team to look to for questions. Try getting inside info out of your stockbroker for free… ya right.

YES! To all…(nt) - Posted by Todd (MO)

Posted by Todd (MO) on March 26, 2001 at 21:16:04: