Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 17, 2002 at 12:15:20:

nt

Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 15, 2002 at 21:01:28:

Within the birddog/ant framework, is it correct that the ant has no need to know anything about real estate, other than what you are looking for?

Re: Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by richard

Posted by richard on February 16, 2002 at 06:35:18:

Brent,

Yep, that’s about it–fill out a simple worksheet and take some photos–maybe inquire about how to locate the owner if no signs are on the place. Knowledge of RE is not required, just a desire to make some extra money riding around looking for ugly houses.

richard

Re: Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 16, 2002 at 07:57:03:

How do you avoid paying for duplicate information submitted by different ants?

Re: Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by Todd (OH)

Posted by Todd (OH) on February 16, 2002 at 15:17:19:

First of all you shouldn’t have too many people in one neighborhood. If there’s too much duplication, it just means you have two or more “go-getters” and you need to put them in different areas.

Secondarily, if you’re willing to spend the money on the ants in the first place, you CAN pay for SOME duplication so people don’t feel that you are taking advantage of them. Look at it from their point of view: it’s not THEIR fault that they, along with someone else you hired, found the EXACT same house YOU wanted them to find.

Re: Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by richard

Posted by richard on February 16, 2002 at 13:57:01:

Brent,

Good question!

I haven’t used the “Ant” system…just remember it from some LeGrand material, but you could…

… make it just like recording a deed–first one to the courthouse wins. I would guess that after awhile the less motivated ones would drop out leaving the more aggressive ones to devise a system among themselves for avoiding overlap, but basically I guess it’s the old “Get there the fustest with the mostest” strategy.

Perhaps a 1 house per photo policy would be good idea also–no standing way back and taking a group shot of several ugly vacants that happen to be in the same block and claiming the cash for each house in the shot.

just a couple of thoughts,
richard

Re: Still thinking about those Ants. - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on February 16, 2002 at 09:02:08:

Hi Richard,
I put the pictures on a big cork board, so when they come into the office they have time to look at the ones I already have. This also gives them a picture of what I want.
PS…this sits on an easel and I don’t leave it out for everyone to see just the ants
Dee-Texas

Good point. NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on February 17, 2002 at 02:30:58:

nt