Steve Cook's worth $150???? - Posted by Kent Cheatham

Posted by JTodd on June 26, 2001 at 06:34:21:

nt

Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by Kent Cheatham

Posted by Kent Cheatham on June 22, 2001 at 01:24:10:

I already have several rental units and know that game. I’d like to consider flipping and could use a few more tricks. What do you think about Steve Cooks book? $150 sounds like an awful lot for a book. I wouldnt mind paying $30-$50 for a book but $150 sounds a bit much.

Kent

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by John Wade

Posted by John Wade on June 22, 2001 at 14:33:38:

Steve’s book is well worth the $$. I just got it and I’m very happy that I spent $150.00 to get it. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by kdimm

Posted by kdimm on June 22, 2001 at 03:11:36:

It’s worth it. Break down and spend the $150.

Kdimm

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by Kent Cheatham

Posted by Kent Cheatham on June 22, 2001 at 03:56:19:

Ya but A hunnerd FIFTY???..geez thats a lot fer a book! I figure I can find my way around as it is, I just wanted to add his plaid jacket to the ones I already have in the closet, ya know. You know…soes I can slip it on and use my best Bostonian accent and say"…PSST…Say Bud…Cum 'oer 'ere…"…grin.

Steve, if you read this, please email me at :
cheatham@ionet.net

Kent

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 22, 2001 at 08:05:36:

First of all, it ain’t no book…it’s a full blown course. For $150 it’s a STEAL!

I seen his course and browsed through it at the convention in Atlanta, and why they’re only selling this course for $150 is beyond me! If you can’t handle $150 you need to hang it up cause you ain’t gonna make it in this biz!

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by DanT

Posted by DanT on June 22, 2001 at 05:52:41:

Kent,
I don’t own Steves’ book. But I own a small home repair business along with my rental properties. I recently needed contracts for small remodeling jobs so I bought a book that is basicly a legal guide to contracting. Not a book to make money mind you, just gives you the info to keep you from losing money. $60. I feel if I can keep from getting stiffed on my money once because of this book it was well worth it. IMO $150 to potentially make 5k+ on the first deal is a small price to pay. DanT

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by JTodd

Posted by JTodd on June 24, 2001 at 14:16:26:

JohnBoy, I’m going to address this question to you b/c I have seen your name here consistently, and b/c you seem honerable based on your posts.
My question is as follows: While I am certainly of the opnion that a course like Stephen Cooks is WELL WORTH $150.00, based on the fact that he seems like someone who has been very successful recently in doing what I’d like to do, I’d like to know if the buying of his course would only lead me into further expenditures that are not in the cards for me right now. I am aware that it is necessary to spend money to make money, and I am comfortable with that concept. I am only leary b/c the intro to Stephens book says that he started only 2.5 years ago with NO money and BAD credit. I am willing to spend $$, but through investigation have found out that advertising in the local paper can be an expensive proposition. If a course ultimately points me in that direction I am going to feel like I’ve been “taken” by another no-money down promise.
What do you think?
And, Stephen, if you frequent this board, I would love to have your thoughts. I am ready to buy the coarse, but would like some imput first.
Thanks! JTodd

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by I agree with johnboy

Posted by I agree with johnboy on June 23, 2001 at 16:51:55:

I have spent thousands on my RE education and I have recouped it ALL back and then some.
I have not read steve’s course but I personally know him. As a matter of fact, he helped me a lot when I was just getting started in the business. Steve is really good at what he does and you can’t go wrong with his course. Heck, one idea that you get from the course could make you 10 times what you paid for it.
Tarun

Re: Steve Cook’s worth $150??? - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 25, 2001 at 08:13:39:

JTodd,

As I’ve stated, I don’t have Steve’s course, but I did get the chance to browse through it at the last convention in Atlanta. I didn’t see anything in his course that is geared towards some advertising compaign to find the deals. In fact, Steve has been very successful with using realtor’s to get a lot of his deals through. From what I seen from browsing through his course, it looked like a step by step guide on exactly the way he started, the first deals he did through the present. His course is based on a system that he personally developed himself that has been working very well for him. It tells you how he gets the deals, where and how to get the money to fund the deals, how to sell the deals, etc. None of these methods he uses requires any credit or money on your part. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, his first 7 deals were done working through a partnership arrangement he had with another rehabber where he found the deals and flipped them for a measly $1k each! After that he wised up and went on his own making the kind of profits he should make on these types of deals.

I remember before Steve ever did his first deal. He posted on this site how he had spent a year reading everything here before ever doing a deal. A lot of people here jumped all over him about getting out there and just doing something! Shortly after that posting this guy just flew out the gate and the rest was history!!!

JTodd, if flipping properties is something that appeals to you and is the path you’re leaning towards, then I would get his course. Who better than to follow other than a person that has been there and done it with great success? You know what they say…figure out what it is that you want to do and then find someone that has already done it with success and learn everything you can from them, then just repeat the process!

Another thing to remember, Steve backs up his course with a full money back guarantee! One thing I can tell you, Steve is one of the most upstanding guys that visits this site and his word is his bond! Steve also posts regularly on this site, although mostly on the main newsgroup. You can find one of posts and e-mail him directly or post your questions on the main news group where he’ll more likely see it quicker than on this board.

You’ve already stated your own opinion that you have no doubt about his course being worth $150. To be honest, I think they way under priced it for the information he provides. But if I were into flipping properties, I would definitely get his his course! Besides, if I didn’t think it was what I thought it would be and didn’t think it benefited me, I would just send it back for a refund. What do you have to lose with a money back guarantee??? Compare what you have to gain vs. what you may never gain without getting the course? ONE deal off something you get from that course can easily make you 20 times the cost of the course alone!