Stepping Out Of Comfort Zone... - Posted by Brad

Posted by Stew(NE) on May 16, 2004 at 14:29:59:

“If the caller is about to go into bankruptcy. No deal Any money you spend you’ll lose in the bankruptcy.”

Not totally true, In my state there is a homeowner exemption which allows the homeowner to keep up to 13K of the profit, before any is disburse to other people. You may want to check on the laws in your state.

Stepping Out Of Comfort Zone… - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on May 16, 2004 at 06:00:51:

Hello and good day to all. I recently recieved my bandit signs,and am putting them up tonight. I am very nervous stepping out of my “comfort zone” and am wondering what to expect. Should my phone be ringing off the hook tomorrow morning? I am not quite sure what the steps are I should follow in terms of the phone procedures, and looking at the houses writing a contract, etc…and its driving me nuts, and making me more nervous. Could someone direct me as what to say and ask these poeple who may call? I would think out of 100 Bandit Signs I should get at least a few calls.
Thank You all for your undieing support on this site. You all have been very helpful. Good day, and may God continue to bless you all!!!

Rambling response - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on May 16, 2004 at 07:46:13:

Your phone may be jumping off the hook or may be completely silent. Or something in between those extremes. Nothing to worry about. Even if you don’t get calls right away, you will. Whether or not the callers have anything you can work with. Well, that’s another story.

You’re gonna get a lot of calls from curious sellers who are not motivated. Nothing doing there; politely dismiss them.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to help them get out of a problem like foreclosure or needing to sell right away for another reason? Find out what THEIR PROBLEM, is and whether or not YOU HAVE A SOLUTION.

Structure your words that way. It helps to have prepared form when taking the calls so that you (a) say what you need to say, and (b) get the information you need. Don’t forget to get name, address of property, phone number, and amount owed on property and generally about the condition.

Many sellers don’t know how much they owe. Or, at least, I use to get a lost of that. I still don’t know what that means. They’re idiots (very possible!) or just unwilling to disclose. If there unwilling to dislose, you may have a tough time. Make any offer you make contitional on a certain amount owed–if more that amount that your contract is voided. Many seller who have are in trouble, have been so for a while and maintenance has been defered. Some sellers get into trouble trying to rehab; the cost’s get away from them, and thats’ why they’re in trouble.

If the caller is about to go into bankruptcy. No deal Any money you spend you’ll lose in the bankruptcy.