Staying on track - Posted by Bob

Posted by Michelle on January 09, 2006 at 15:36:50:

I think your system is quite simple and efficient. I’d love to know the free website you look at and what states it covers.

Thanks.

Staying on track - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on December 26, 2005 at 09:45:13:

Happy Holidays to all!! I was wondering how some of you keep track of all your leads, Who to contact, if no contact,how & when to follow up & so on. Just trying to see what software or system different people use to stay organized
Thank for your replies

Re: Staying on track - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 29, 2005 at 01:55:50:

I keep it simple as well. I have 3 color coded folders: 1-blue) Properties to go look at, 2-yellow) Properties to research in courthouse, and 3-orange)Properties who’s owners I need to contact.

I print out the tax information sheet for all leads from a free online website and put it in my #1 folder. If I find the property interesting, I’ll either transfer it to folder #2 or directly to #3 if I’d rather talk to the owner first before researching the property. I always place the type of lead it is at the top of the tax sheet: For example, Drive-By, Sheriff sales (for those who appear in the paper), ‘preforeclosures’, ‘Bandit signs’, etc.

Once a property gets to #3 and I reach the owner, it’s gets chucked into an archived box if the owner isn’t interested in selling. Sometimes I’ll give up on a property and see it go from preforeclosure to sheriff sale in 6-8 months. It’ll look familiar and I’ll go back into the archive box and make another attempt at the owner.

If I get in touch with an owner who agrees to sell at my price and terms, I create a totally separate folder for the property as I am officially under contract.

Hope this helps.

Ib

PS - Maybe someone has a better system allowing me to uodate mine and make it more efficient.

Re: Staying on track - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on December 26, 2005 at 14:35:56:

Thank’s sailor. I think I will try that. No need to get fancy or complicated right now. It is sometimes difficult to remember to keep it simple when your new.
Good info, thank you

Re: Staying on track - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on December 26, 2005 at 13:55:42:

I have a little purple binder that holds 3 X 5 cards that I bought 1/2 price @ Target. If you need something fancy, Filemaker would allow you to create a specialty template.

Tye