Start up in Ga - Posted by Glenn

Posted by Marty GA on November 29, 2000 at 17:55:15:

Is that 3 per year, or 3 total?

Start up in Ga - Posted by Glenn

Posted by Glenn on November 27, 2000 at 22:57:22:

Could someone point me the right direction to start out in Georgia. I am new to the business, and to this state (about 15 miles from the AL line straight west of Atlanta), and am curious about licensing requirements in this state.

I was wondering what types of licenses are required to run this operation out of my home as a small time (just begining) operation. I was also wondering about any classes in the area of Atlanta, I know that there are investors groups that offer classes in “normal type” real estate. Or maybe there is someone that can give me some basic ‘doing this business in Georgia’ advice.

I am currently reading Lonnies two books, and have read a lot of other real estate books in the past. I have a good foundation, but like all new comers, no practicle hands on experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

Re: Start up in Ga - Posted by Chris-GA.

Posted by Chris-GA. on November 28, 2000 at 16:54:39:

Glenn;

In GA you can sell up to three mobile homes before you have to apply for a dealer license. You need to call the state insurance & fire safety office (John Oxendine), they will ask some information and send you a application for dealer status.