some days are better than others... - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by bill h on February 20, 2006 at 16:53:17:

Dear JOE,
Very good story to point out the joys of investing.
I once had the same thing to cope with but worse.
This one had an opossum that got into the insulation under the home’s flooring. I’m still amazed that I was able to spot it right away from the way the insulation was sagging & I let it fall directly into a large garbage bag I’d brought, but what a smell. I put a bread bag over my gloved hand to save my gloves as well. LOL

some days are better than others… - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on February 20, 2006 at 14:36:18:

An elderly female tenant in my park called me this morning complaining of a strange odor in her home. I try to help the tenants when I can especially the elderly one’s on a fixed income. I think it’s good business.

To make a long story short, there was a dead dog under the home. A big dog, probably 50lbs, and about a week past ripe. It took me about an hour to crawl under there, wrestle it out and dispose of it. No fun and I can still smell it, though I’ve showered and disposed of my clothes.

I know everyone’s excited about Lonnie’s and owning parks. I’m just venting, but some days ARE better than others.

Joe C. (AR)

Re: some days are better than others… - Posted by JT

Posted by JT on February 22, 2006 at 12:46:37:

What did it look like? Sounds like the description of the dog my buyer had stolen right out of the house. A pitbull at that. Maybe my dog thief is running stolen dogs to Arkansas!!!

It gets easier… - Posted by IA Jeff

Posted by IA Jeff on February 21, 2006 at 11:15:10:

It gets easier every time you do it. I’ve never pulled a rotting dog out from under a home though. I used to work on a hog farm and once a week I got the pleasure of going around and collecting all the dead hogs. In the summertime they would ripen in a day or so…I’d pick them up a few days later.

Anyway, the more you do it, the easier it gets. Eventually, you’ll think nothing of collecting dead animals, but you do have to stick with it. Its been several years for me and I know I would have to work hard to get back to where I was.

Just trying to help :slight_smile:

Jeff

Re: some days are better than others… - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on February 21, 2006 at 05:01:22:

I have an old lady tenant that refuses to stop feeding the feral cats even tho its against the park rules. They’re “so cute” she sezs. Then when they started dying under her home she wanted me to crawl under there to remove them cuz they stink, sezs her. I’m not as kind hearted as some of you so I told her “I told you so” and she should find someone else to do the dirty work.
Dave Fl.