Small world, scary small, scary world . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by TCR_Va on November 03, 2002 at 22:12:07:

yes - a police department owned the caprice / sold at auction (according to my sources) IRONIC!

Small world, scary small, scary world . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on November 01, 2002 at 08:19:20:

They ran a news piece on the sniper’s Tacoma home a couple nights ago. It looked oddly familiar. Hmmmm.

Turns out it is my brother Dan’s former home, a starter home he and his wife bought years and years ago. I think they sold it sometime back around 92.

Small world. I keep telling him his 15 minutes of fame is all used up, but he keeps proving me wrong.

Joe

Careful Joe - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on November 01, 2002 at 16:48:18:

They may actually try to hold your Brother as a ‘material witness’… :slight_smile:

Re: Small world: for Joe and Michaela. . . - Posted by Kylee

Posted by Kylee on November 01, 2002 at 14:28:18:

Y’know, I was trying not to be too sick, but when the news broke about Tacoma being involved, Joe, you were the first person I thought of! And wondered if you had, had a hand on that house at any point. And Michaela, you’d never believe the “grasping at straws” stories they’re doing here to stay tied in and local. Ridiculous.

Bye.

Re: Small world, scary small, scary world . . . - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on November 01, 2002 at 09:32:28:

I am surprised the cable networks havent interviewed him yet. I know he doesnt have any special knowledge or insights, but he is closer to the case than a lot of the people they do interview. After his interview they could interview former owners of the blue Caprice.

Re: Small world, scary small, scary world . . . - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on November 01, 2002 at 08:53:40:

joe,
so do you think the landlord might be somewhat desperate now? he won’t have a tenant paying the mortgage and can’t put a new one in, due to police tape. you might be able to pick this one up cheaply :wink:

michaela

Foreclosure… - Posted by John H.

Posted by John H. on November 01, 2002 at 08:39:29:

on that one could have been a real thrill! Perhaps one should put some new clauses in their contracts:

7a. Trustor will not shoot Trustee or cause Trusee to come to physical harm in any way.

7b. Arrearages are NOT payable in hot lead.

JH

Re: Small world: for Joe and Michaela. . . - Posted by Gerald-DC

Posted by Gerald-DC on November 01, 2002 at 22:18:05:

I live in Montgomery County, MD. The sniper killed a man at the Shoppers where I go grocery shopping, killed another woman across the street where I buy gas, and killed three other people within half a mile of my home. In addition, my partners daughter goes to the same school where the kid was shot and my brother’s good friend in Philly has a son is the best friend of the son of the man who was shot in VA while traveling back to Philly.

Oh, now it turns out that the snipers were working out at the same YMCA where my kid attends camp and plays basketball.

If Tacoma or Alabama or wherever wants to link themselves to this tragedy and milk it for newscoverage than so be it.

Personally, I am really trying to put this out of mind and move on.

OOOPS, for Joe and JD!! - Posted by kylee

Posted by kylee on November 01, 2002 at 14:39:26:

sorry