Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by FrankIL

Posted by Mark on August 19, 2006 at 04:09:56:

There also on craigslist, real estate services…

Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by FrankIL

Posted by FrankIL on August 18, 2006 at 16:03:02:

I’m noticing a lot of signs going up on lawns, billboards, and such indicating something to the effect of “Real Estate Investor Seeks Apprentice - $25K a month”. Anybody know what this is about? I figured some guru came to town recently and this is some new marketing technique from his/her course or boot camp. But I’m curious to know what’s behind this. Anyone know?

also on creonline - Posted by pboone

Posted by pboone on August 20, 2006 at 09:13:26:

this add is also on creonline, lots of fluff no substance. Just another person who couldn’t make it as a full time investor.

Re: Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on August 19, 2006 at 04:11:15:

There also on craigslist under real estate sevices…

Re: Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on August 18, 2006 at 20:58:27:

I’ve seen the signs. All such signs that I have seen have been illegally posted sleaze ball signs. That’s not to say that there are not legal ‘investor seeks apprentice’ billboards and signs out there. But I doubt there are many such legal signs. Consider the source.

Re: Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on August 18, 2006 at 19:40:45:

As mentioned, it’s Nouveau RIche. I went to their free seminar. Good for the networking aspect (of the other lookie lous who were there).

I dont have a problem with their strategy of buying and holding cash flowing properties. But I dont see why I need to pay them 200 per month for “education” in order to do it.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by Dons

Posted by Dons on August 18, 2006 at 18:43:52:

I ran into that one a few months ago in Salt Lake City, so I called to find out what it was about.

It’s that Neuveau Riche (spelling??) again with their MLM system of selling REI “how to” information and expensive courses.

They fellow I spoke with seemed more interested in getting me “signed up” than he was in buying any property for himself. In fact when I asked him about his properties, he hadn’t bought any!

It didn’t matter to him that I have many years experience in REI…he just wanted me to buy his darn “beginner” course.

It was all too strange.

Don

Re: Signs seen -> RE Investor Seeks Apprentice - Posted by adam

Posted by adam on August 18, 2006 at 17:13:53:

ive seen them too, they are even on ebay, lol. people just selling information. pay them enough, and they will show you the way… :wink: