signs, are they legal? - Posted by Raymond

Posted by roger on December 31, 2003 at 24:51:13:

try this instead of bandit signs ,how many of your friends drive , pay them to put your signs on thier cars or trucks if you buy a property from someone who read thier sign, give them a big bonus for it, you might even find that one of them may be able to help in financing if you need it,plus you might not get a warning just a fine per sign .

signs, are they legal? - Posted by Raymond

Posted by Raymond on December 30, 2003 at 21:35:23:

I recently put up 30 signs on the off ramps of 2 of the main freeways in my city. It’s been almost a week now and I got a call today from a gentlemen who threatened me that he’d report me to the city if I don’t take them down in 3 days. I knew it would anger some folks , so I stayed away from residential areas. I am just going to wait till the city gives me a warning before I take them down. Some have already been kicked down( I suspect from the individual who complained). Why does it anger some people? Does anybody else get complaints? What is appropriate and where? If anybody would like to share their experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: signs, are they legal? - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on December 31, 2003 at 16:58:25:

I take and disfigure illegal ‘i buy houses’ Sleaze Ball Signs because they reflect negatively upon law abiding investors such as myself. (That, and I just enjoy taking them :). I doubt that the guy that called knocked down any of your signs. I wish you lived near me, I haven’t seen more than a dozen signs in the past month, go figure.

Re: signs, are they legal? - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on December 31, 2003 at 16:58:08:

Thankyou Brent and Roger for your response. The info is really helpful. I feel pretty silly but I checked out the archives AFTER I posted that message and it answered a lot of my questions. Next time I’ll definitely look at the archives first, BEFORE I post something. Thank you anyways guys.

Re: signs, are they legal? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on December 30, 2003 at 23:06:35:

The archives are temporarily down. Otherwise, a search would provide links to thousands of posts.

Some folks think that bandit signs are a blight upon the landscape. Some resent creative real estate investors because they believe CREI to be a scam. Others need a crusade to give their life meaning. Different strokes for different folks. No one holds a gun to our head to make us put them up; many choose not to use them. The fact remains that they probably are the most cost-effective form of advertising available to creative real estate investors.

We lose approximately 20% of the signs each week. Not always the same signs, although some areas are hit more than others.

I’d wait until after I got a notice from someone having official jurisdiction to worry a whole lot.