Sheriff Auction Question - Posted by Dale_ohio

Posted by John Corey on December 06, 2005 at 17:22:42:

What should happen and what does happen can sometimes vary.

Ask the sheriff’s office. You will likely be told that you will get a sheriff’s deed or similar. The auction should clear the liens you mentioned. Sometimes there are mistakes and things need to be cleaned up after the fact.

If you have done business with a title company before ask them what they will want to know and what they will need to do before they could issue title insurance. They will have seen prior deals with a similar history so they can tell you the process.

John Corey

PS. I have funded a number of deals for investors in OH and each time we do get title insurance. Some of the time there are things that delay the subsequent deal after the auction because something was filed wrong. Do not be surprised if there are delays verifying title.

Sheriff Auction Question - Posted by Dale_ohio

Posted by Dale_ohio on December 06, 2005 at 17:13:55:

If i purchase a property at a Sheriff Auction, Can the lein holders come back at me? I Am looking at an house that had a First and Second loan on it. It was foreclosed on and it is up for Auction. iF i Buy it at the Auction, is it free and clear of those past debts? thanks

Which loan (1st or 2nd) foreclosed? (nt) - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on December 07, 2005 at 22:17:08:

nt