Seller objections in "Subject to" - Posted by K. Tyler Smith

Posted by David Alexander on July 28, 2001 at 16:14:47:

when you take over a loan of someone elses.

After a few years they go out and decide to buy a house… there credit is great because you have been making payments on their current loans flawlessly.

They go out to get a mortgage that one shows up. It may or may not count against their ratios… and so if the payment on the loan was a 1,000 dollars a month which your paying, their lender may only give them credit like it was a rent house say for (75%)$750 which would leave $250 a month counting against their ratios.

David Alexander

Seller objections in “Subject to” - Posted by K. Tyler Smith

Posted by K. Tyler Smith on July 26, 2001 at 20:50:47:

For those that are experienced in “subject to” transactions, what are the seller’s major objections? and also, how can they qualify for another mortgage loan for another house with their original loan still in place?

Thank you,
K.Tyler Smith

The Vast majority… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on July 26, 2001 at 21:22:46:

when they have objections are regarding some issue of “trust”. If you can overcome the trust issues then the rest is pretty easy.

They way I do it is to present it pretty bluntly, what I can do and what the dangers are, present how I would solve their problem and then let them talk themselves into it or not.

You can show there mortgage company that you are making payments on their loan… ie. they are no longer responsible for it and I have seen it where some have given as much as 100% credit for the payment and others only 75%.

David Alexander

Re: Your question contains the answer - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 26, 2001 at 21:07:54:

Sellers main objection is remaining liable for the loan. Second question is they usually can’t.

Re: The Vast majority… - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on July 27, 2001 at 14:27:05:

The bank is only crediting you 75% of the payment after knowing you are the new payor?

I don’t understand.

Paul