seeking info on breach of contract - Posted by Tai

Posted by Natalie-VA on August 10, 2005 at 08:06:02:

Tai,

You’ve just learned why you should never close until all promised work is done. I am not an attorney, but I recommend figuring out what your damages are and filing suit in your local small claims court. I’m assuming that we’re not talking about a lot of money here.

–Natalie

seeking info on breach of contract - Posted by Tai

Posted by Tai on August 08, 2005 at 12:59:21:

Hello everyone, I hope someone out there can offer me some advice. I recently purchased a home that is unfinished. In our contract there was a list of things that had to be done by the sellers before we took ownership of the house. Most of it got done, but there are still a few things on the list that have not been finished yet and we have been here for over a month now. I have talked to the seller (who continually tells me to go talk to a neighbor who is supposed to get it done, but he is very unreliable), I have talked to the sellers real estate agent (who I believe spoke with the seller, but it has been a week already and no one has contacted us), and I have talked to my agent (who talked to her broker and was told just to talk with the sellers agent). It seems like these things are never going to get done and I was wondering what kind of legal action I can take if things do not get finished soon. Any help would be wonderful, thank you all in advance!