Section 8 in New York City - Posted by Willie Bradune

Posted by Barbara_NY on January 23, 2004 at 20:27:35:

I tried to email you offline, but the message was returned so I wanted to try and rech you here:

Mind if I share the Sec. 8 contact info you made available in your post with my club members and supporters here on Long Island and the NYC area? I’m sure they would find it invaluable. Just wanted give credit where credit was due, and am happy to give you a plug, too, if you have one.

Thanks in advance,

Barbara Karnes

Section 8 in New York City - Posted by Willie Bradune

Posted by Willie Bradune on January 19, 2004 at 22:26:52:

Does anyone know how a New York City landlord can get into the Section 8 program. Where do I go ? Who do I talk to ? I want to rent my place to section 8 tenants but dont know how or where to start. Can anyone give me directions ? Is there any particular city or federal agency to call ? Any particular person to speak to ?

Any info will be apprectated. Thanks.

William Bradune

Re: Section 8 in New York City - Posted by Jr

Posted by Jr on January 21, 2004 at 10:01:40:

William,
You might also want to look up the New York City Dept of Homeless Services. They have a program called the Emergency Assistance Rehousing Program, EARP, in which they offer bonuses to landlords who rent to the clients of the agency. Most of these people are living in city shelters. They are section 8 eligible and if you rent to them you will receive a section 8 rent check plus a one time bonus.
You can do a web search for the NYC Dept of Homeless Services. Their website has a wealth of information about the program an how it works or you can call the agency at (212) 361-6611/2.
Good Luck to you.

All you want to know and didn’t know where to ask - Posted by inwoodbee

Posted by inwoodbee on January 20, 2004 at 13:43:49:

How does an owner participate in the Section 8 program?
Property owners interested in leasing apartments to HPD Section 8 voucher clients may call [New York City’s] HPD’s Section 8 Owner Registration at (212) 863-7419 to obtain additional information about the program and how to lease to Section 8 clients.

Re: Section 8 in New York City - Posted by RBcheck

Posted by RBcheck on January 19, 2004 at 23:53:10:

I am also looking for the same information