Section 8 housing - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on July 06, 2005 at 21:22:44:

Thank you for the reply.
In Connecticut I believe tenants will loose their section 8 privileges.

How about older adults or people with disablities on Section 8?

Greg

Section 8 housing - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on July 05, 2005 at 21:00:59:

Hello All:

I successfully did my first rehab a couple of years ago. It seemed before everyone started to get interested in REI:-)!

Now I am planning on getting married soon and even relocating to an area not far from where I did the rehab.

I feel like rehabbing homes may be more difficult to fit into my lifestyle at this.

I thought about renting properties to section 8 tenants. I tend to think once I find the properties and they pass inspection then it is just a matter of updating the properties periodically. There is a big demand for section 8 housing.

Just not interested in getting involved with rehabbing homes when I will be about 2 hours away.

Any thoughts.

Thank you

Greg

vermont castings grill - Posted by vermont castings grill

Posted by vermont castings grill on February 05, 2006 at 11:40:23:

green egg grill sunset grill gas barbecue grill moe’s southwest grill bar and grill great outdoors grill company members mark grills red mesa grill auto grills gas grill reviews china grill platinum grill gas grill parts grill sauces timberline steakhouse and grill tadich grill outdoor grill islands grill nelly dundees bar and grill tailgate grill stainless steel grill with rotisserie teds montana grill brio tuscan grill portable charcoal grills george forman grill natural gas grill frontera grill stainless steel grill with rotisserie indoor grill diamond grill outdoor barbecue grill how to grill a turkey the cooker bar and grill portable gas grill grill light thermos gas grills grills by nelly star cinema grill electric indoor grill great outdoors grill parts

Re: Section 8 housing - Posted by Jim (MD)

Posted by Jim (MD) on July 06, 2005 at 21:39:22:

One reason that there is such a shortage of landlords providing quality Section 8 housing is, as Ed and Sean said, HUD does not care about your interests. The advantages of renting to Section 8 tenants (such as HUD paying for tenants damages to your property) have been taken away long ago by HUD. In this area, HUD had been increasing the rent payments to landlords for years. Now that property prices have shot up here in the last couple of years, HUD has decreased rent payments to landlords, sometimes as much as a couple of hundred dollars per unit. As a result, many landlords in this area use Section 8 only as a last resort.

Whether you decide to go Section 8 or market rate, it is up to you to do your due diligence on the tenants’ background.

Good luck.

Re: Section 8 housing - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 06, 2005 at 09:13:50:

You are right. There is a big demand for entitlements and freebies, section 8 being a major player.

It is good that you have rehab experience because often a sec.8 property will need a rehab on about an annual basis. What you call a periodic update is the exception rather than the rule. Sec.8 tenants have nothing invested to speak of, and seem to be unconcerned with the condition of the property when they exit. Several hundred to a few thousand dollars to spruce up is common. Nobody cares except the landlord. HUD sure does not care about your interests.

lou’s grill and bistro - Posted by lou’s grill and bistro

Posted by lou’s grill and bistro on February 06, 2006 at 16:16:19:

fire magic gas grills barbecue grill chili’s bar and grill great outdoors grill grills outdoor cooking indoor grill audiobahn grills barbecue grill sale speaker grills broilmaster premium gas grills iced out grills timberline steakhouse and grill all n my grill propane grill for rv gas barbecue grill macoroni grill weber gas grill great outdoors grill co. gas grills fire magic dundees bar and grill gas grills for sale car grills barbecue gas grill online portable gas grill sub grills blue water grill stainless steel grill with rotisserie stainless steel gas grills brinkmann grill portable barbeque grills grand hall grills grills lyrics speaker grill traeger grills roadhouse grill grills nelly broilmaster gas grills paul wall grill how to grill a turkey viking grills

Re: Section 8 housing - Posted by Sean (OH)

Posted by Sean (OH) on July 06, 2005 at 13:20:47:

Ed is sort of correct the section 8 tenant doesn’t have much of anything invested, that is if they want to continue living for free.
Here in Lorain County Ohio a tenant can be kicked off of the section 8 program for destroying a landlords property.
The landlord does need to take pictures and call the section 8 office to file a complaint.
I am sure that it is not an easy process and may not happen on the first offense.
When you are running you application process on a potential tenant you are allowed to see there file on past landlords to see what they have submitted.
Our local landlord association (www.LELA.CC)has the top exec from the section 8 office out to speak to our group every 12 to 18 months.
She has made it known that they do not put up with that kind of abuse.

Good Luck.

geneva watches - Posted by geneva watches

Posted by geneva watches on October 11, 2005 at 05:01:28:

invicta lupah watches tissot watches buy watches online cool watches watch repair tools swiss made watch esq watches mens wrist watches invicta lupah watches discount luxury watches