Sarasota, FL? anyone ? - Posted by JRR

Posted by JRR on April 17, 2004 at 08:12:55:

Tks Rich - I went to auction in Sarasota when I was staying there for a week… willing to pay for a certain house on Tanglewood 160k… the guy bought it for 200k and he is renovating it for 4 months… the only thing he put on is new paint, clean the roof, some yard work… how do you find the properties in Sarasota- direct mail?

Sarasota, FL? anyone ? - Posted by JRR

Posted by JRR on April 14, 2004 at 22:16:05:

How is the market in Sarasota (FL) area? any good rehabs? what is the avg price?

thanks

Re: Sarasota, FL? anyone ? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on April 15, 2004 at 07:23:13:

JRR,

The compettion is tough here. An average of 43 people moved to Manatee, Charlotte, or Sarasota county everyday during the first two years of this decade.

And that trend seems to be continuing. So as Hank said this area is hot hot hot.

RichV(FL)

Re: Sarasota, FL? anyone ? - Posted by JRR

Posted by JRR on April 15, 2004 at 21:18:21:

Rich…I am looking mostly for rehabs… I went to Sarasota last month…no bandid signs and prices are high… so how you define tough?

Re: Sarasota, FL? anyone ? - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on April 16, 2004 at 06:18:50:

JRR,

You wont see bandits in places like Sarasota/Venice because as John V FL said code enforcement will be all over you.

Plus the old folks will rip em right out as fast as you put them in. They get up pretty early in the morning and patrol the streets.

When I said the market was tough here I meant inflexible sellers, newbie investors and mom and pop buyers going into bidding wars on properties.

People want top dollar even for properties that need alot of work because its “Sarasota County”.

Am I still finding deals? Sure. It has just been tougher than a few years back.

Regards,

RichV(FL)