Samson,Bronchick,Kaiser, Branstetter or other L/O pros - Posted by robnNC

Posted by robnNC on August 31, 2000 at 07:54:52:

You just send a card to all the For Rent ads?? Do you do the FSBO’s like this too?
So you don’t think running an ad in the For Rent section of the paper saying “I will lease your house if you give me the option to purchase” is a very good idea?

Thank alot for your earlier input, some good ideas.

Samson,Bronchick,Kaiser, Branstetter or other L/O pros - Posted by robnNC

Posted by robnNC on August 30, 2000 at 16:34:14:

I have seen alot of ads in the For Rent section of my paper that states For Rent or Lease option. Would these be good to call or are these most likely other investors?

How can I find out if they are investors quickly? Also I saw a post where someone was running an ad in the For Rent section of the paper and wanted to have calls answered by a voice mail. Is this a good idea and what would you say on the voice mail. The ad was “I will lease your house if you give me the option to purchase” sounds like a good idea. What are your feelings on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Samson,Bronchick,Kaiser, Branstetter or other L/O pros - Posted by Kiera a.k.a. Mansion

Posted by Kiera a.k.a. Mansion on August 30, 2000 at 20:45:58:

I know exactly what ad you saw. That was Lori Samson’s ad (the one that said “I will buy your home if you give me the option to lease.”) I have the Lori Samson workbook for Investor and I personally know that she gives much insight to things like that(homebuyerpros.com). The ad that say “For Rent” are more than likely not investors. Those would be a good idea to call because those are probaly people who are looking for someone to live in the house that they used to live in. The whole idea of renting homes is to make the mortgage plus profit. If you introduced the idea of lease option in the right light they would more than likely be very interested. Simply mention that they would still make the mortgage payment without having to take on the responsiblilty of property management. Make sure that they know that anything that goes wrong would be your problem not theirs. Make sure they also know that they know that they keep the deed until the house is actually closed. I’m pretty sure they don’t want to turn down free money with no work. Would you?
As far as you having an answering machine for the business I think that it would be a good idea as long as it had the right message. Something very detailed would have to be included. Some thing like “You have reached (business name) and if you are home buyer or home owner leave a detailed message including the property address, your name and a contact number and time and I will return you call as soon as possible” Something like that should do just fine until you are able to upgrade to a million dollar call center. Hope I answered the question. Contact me if you need more information.

Re: Samson,Bronchick,Kaiser, Branstetter or other L/O pros - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on August 30, 2000 at 20:36:30:

You could spend a lot of time calling for rent ads and not getting much response. You can develop a system where they call you. Postcard or letter first. You call or have someone call a number of weeks after the ad comes out to see if it is still available. You search through the property records to find rental property or out of state owners. You do the Joe Kaiser tired landlord(eviction) type of thing.

We can look up the property owner over the web. Then you can put in their name to see if they own multiple properties. Repeated post cards or letters. Personally, the “I will lease if you give me the right to purchase” is too up front. I would be a little more subtle and once I get a warm contact try to find out their perceived problem. Cold calling can be very time consuming. The I want to lease a home that I can later purchase later is softer and may get more responses.

Thanks but let me clarify - Posted by robnNC

Posted by robnNC on August 31, 2000 at 07:49:28:

Thanks so much for your response.
I didnt make my post clear enough so let me clarify.
-I see ads in the For Rent section of the paper that advertise "For Rent(or Lease) with option to purchase"my question is is this most likely other investors or just regular homeowners and would they be good ones to contact?
-If I run and ad in the For Rent section of the paper that says “I will lease your house if you give me option to purchase” what should I have on my voice mail when they call in? Some details or just please leave name and number?

Thanks again for your help!!