Sale Tax - Georgia - Posted by Tim (GA)

Posted by Steve-GA on January 08, 2004 at 15:50:53:

Call the people in Rome and ask them the details. I believe they will send the tax bill to the individual on the new title, unless you coordinate to pay them the sales tax yourself. They have a form they can send you, or you can pay it monthly assuming you have a business license with a tax ID number.

Sale Tax - Georgia - Posted by Tim (GA)

Posted by Tim (GA) on January 05, 2004 at 21:33:40:

Do we have to collect sales tax on lonnie deals in GA?

Re: Sale Tax - Georgia - Posted by Steve-GA

Posted by Steve-GA on January 06, 2004 at 07:43:48:

Maybe. A sale from an individual owner to another individual owner does not trigger GA sales tax much like selling your car to another individual does not trigger sales tax. But, to sell or offer to sell three or more mobile homes within a 12 month period in GA requires a dealer’s license. If you are a dealer and sell the home, your buyer will have to pay sales tax. The tax people will send the sales tax bill to the individual’s name on the new title. (assuming you don’t make arrangements to pay it)
You, as a dealer or company do not have to pay sales tax when you buy, but your buyer must pay when you sell. Call the folks in Rome 706-802-5115 or 888-229-8497. They can answer your questions. Also, they should be able to mail a form for you to submit with the sales tax from your sale, assuming you collected it up front from your buyer.

Note: The key here is anytime a mobile home is purchased from a company, (either your LLC, or even from a bank/repo company) sales tax will have to be paid by the first person to apply for new title.

Good Luck
Steve

Re: Sale Tax - Georgia - Posted by Tim (GA)

Posted by Tim (GA) on January 06, 2004 at 15:43:18:

Thanks Steve I appreciate your response. I sent off the paperwork and check last month for our dealers license. As a dealer I should then add sales tax into my contracts and transfer the title into the new owners name. Yearend I will then pay all the sales tax on these?
Tim