RV park into a MH community? - Posted by Joshua

Posted by JeffB (MI) on April 13, 2005 at 22:28:49:

One thing that comes to mind as an avid RV’er is that most parks only have a 30 amp hookup at each site… though some nice ones have 50 and others still only have 20. Not sure if that makes a big difference but thought I’d mention it. Also the water and septic hookups might not be robust enough to handle the demand of a 2 or 3 bedroom home.

RV park into a MH community? - Posted by Joshua

Posted by Joshua on April 13, 2005 at 18:31:19:

Is it do able? I suppose I should be asking the city zoning officials and be speaking with lawyers. But has anyone here done it? It is a large park with high vacancies, “imagine that”, and if it were turned into a MH community it could be worth oodles more. It already has all the hookups needed.

Joshua

11.5 acres - Posted by Joshua

Posted by Joshua on April 14, 2005 at 11:57:09:

The property is 11.5 acres. I don’t know how many MH’s you could fit on there on average. Anyone have an idea of how many would fit? The biggest struggle will be getting the city to approve it.

Joshua

“. . .has all the hookups needed” - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on April 14, 2005 at 10:09:01:

Not.

As JeffB says, the elec for RVs is much less than that required for the demand of a MH. I have had parks redo RV spaces to accomodate a MH, and its ~ $900 per in my area. Water and sewer hookups may be the same - AND what about the space size? Space required for a MH is more than what is necessary for a median-sized RV.

Do-able? Perhaps - but don’t think that it is an easy shift. I would find a park manager who has both MH spaces and RV ones - THEY’LL know everything you want to.

Not that I know anything about RVs . . . :-)3