revitalization grants? - Posted by peil

Posted by jean on October 28, 2003 at 18:47:31:

Go to
may God bless you.


revitalization grants? - Posted by peil

Posted by peil on October 28, 2003 at 18:00:32:

Anyone ever heard of revitalization grants. Im not sure if thats what the call them exactly but they are like grants that you can get from the government to fix up your property. Anyone know where i can get information about this?

Re: revitalization grants? - Posted by Ann

Posted by Ann on October 28, 2003 at 22:05:59:

I’m not sure what city or state you live in so I can’t be specific. But, I can point you in the right direction. Yes, you can go to the website to find out what’s offered by some of the HUD programs. But, you will never get a grant for rehab directly from HUD. First you need to go to your city housing department. It maybe call the Office of Community Development or Dept of Housing Development anyway you get the idea. States and Cities recieve funding from HUD to provide affordable housing. This maybe in the form of low-interest loans for construction, grants for rehab and new construction etc. Check out your state office of housing, again to maybe call Office of Community Development. Tell them you are looking for housing rehab funding and ask what programs are available, its different from state to state. Call you city hall and ask them to direct your to the appropriate department. The reason for this is because HUD gives money to the states and cities to use for housing problems specific that state or cities problems. Call your city council person and ask what programs are available for rehab. Find out how your city spends its HOME funding. This is the money given to the city from HUD to use for housing. Also, all rehab funding from the government must be for the development of affordable housing.