Responsibilities of a rental company - Posted by Laura Kellersberger

Posted by River City on July 07, 2005 at 06:16:53:

Don’t you have a written agreement with the management company? If you do and it does not cover these types of issues, when the current agreement expires, you should consider adding things that you consider to be their responsibility. Be sure to have them initial (and you too) all additions and changes to your agreement.

I would “think” that the lease agreement with the tenant would cover the condition of the property upon vacating and that it would be the responsibility of the management company to see that the terms of the lease agreement are fulfilled. Since they leased another property to the tenant, they cannot say that the tenant skipped.

Given all of that, I am NOT an attorney, however, we have some very knowledgeable people on this forum that might can speak for the legal side.

Responsibilities of a rental company - Posted by Laura Kellersberger

Posted by Laura Kellersberger on July 02, 2005 at 18:32:05:

If a rental company hired to manage my property allows a tenant to clear without cleaning the place or fixing the damages are they liable in any way?
Especially if they rent to another property to these same tenants knowing that they caused damage to my property. What are the management responsibilities to myself as property owner?