research - Posted by mark

Posted by Casey on April 16, 2005 at 09:37:45:

Interesting, I did not know these comps were on yahoo.com. When I tried it, the comps that I was able to pull up were old and incomplete. It is my experience that the appraisers in my area only use comps that are 6 months old and within 1/4 mile if there are enough sales in that radius to support it.
I subscribe to a local broker that sells comps in my area. My particular neck of the woods is going through many changes in price and the comps need to be current. I am aware of several services that sell comps, but many are not up to date, so be carefull. I also use the tax appraiser site in my area, but the tax values can be way off. On a particular property that I am working on right now with an out of state owner, the tax value is WAY too high. This owner has not seen the property in a long time and did not keep on top of what the city was taxing her. Good luck.

research - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on April 14, 2005 at 08:10:48:

This may be a dumb question but how do you research the value of homes and rents etc. Is there a specific site where you can go to find information or do I need to just look through the paper to find out what different types of properties are going for?

mark

Re: research - Posted by JASON

Posted by JASON on April 14, 2005 at 10:18:51:

If you got yahoo.com, then real estate, then on the left side, under tools “how much is my house worth”. type the address and get comps.

Also, goto your county’s website, look for the tax appraiser. USUALLY, you can find the tax appraisal info on every property in your conty, including last sale, to whom/from whom etc.