Repo, Abandoned, or Wait and see? - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by bob on June 11, 2005 at 23:03:52:

In PA, you must (legally) file at the local magistrate, get a judgment, and execute on the judgment, and purchase it (for $5.00) at the constable’s sale. That keeps you legal.
Bob

Repo, Abandoned, or Wait and see? - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on June 08, 2005 at 22:25:48:

Quick question for the board?

I have a fixer upper home that was sold ?as-is? back in December that I may be getting back shortly, the buyers have been fixing it up slowly but this months payment is late and the couple just split up.

The home is unoccupied and the grass is knee high, all in all it?s picture perfect example of an abandoned home if I?ve ever seen one… Talked to the buyer last week and payment was to be in on Monday.

If all else fails can I reclaim on abandonment in lieu of filing a formal repossession? I?ve tried to contact the buyer and received no response, my conscience says to ride the waves till the 15th and enforce late fees IF she pays. My gut says to repo and resell as quickly as possible?

As a side note (not that it makes a difference) the reason I?m leaning towards giving her a chance and till the 15th is that it?s her next payday and I?m $0 cash left in this deal =) Any advice would be appreciated!

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler