Remove blemishes from FICO to incr. credit score? - Posted by David G (OR)

Posted by TomG on April 20, 2002 at 15:48:12:

Get proof that the bank messed up, then send a letter to each agency disputing the lates. If the lates are confirmed, send the proof to the reporting agencies and tell them that you want this information attched to your file. Then when someone looks at your credit, they will see that it was the banks fault and not yours.
once again, get a letter from the credit card company and if you have a police report, send it to the collection people to see if they will back off. If not, then send it to the reporting agencies and have that info. attached to your file. Good luck!

Remove blemishes from FICO to incr. credit score? - Posted by David G (OR)

Posted by David G (OR) on April 20, 2002 at 24:49:23:

Is there any way to remove the following off of my credit report?
Are there example letters to the credit agencies on the internet to do this?

• Two 30 day lates on a home mortgate 2 years ago
    – Reason: Bank Elect. Fund Transfer didn’t work.

• An $800 credit card charge off 01/2001
    – Reason: Called it in as CC fraud but the collection agency still insist that I pay it. They’ve also inquired my credit report about 4 times now - two times this month.

I’m SOOO frustrated that only with these two blemishes, about 12 credit cards used/paid/closed by me, 3 paid mortgages, 2 paid car loans, 1 open credit card account, and 3 mortgages (1 primary house, 1 secondary, 1 rental) all over a period of 10 years I ONLY have a score of 654!!! What am I doing wrong???

Since the 3rd question a broker asks me is “What is your credit score?” I have to lower my head and say “654” while he silently increases my interest rate by about 1.5-2%. (I’ve asked 3 different brokers to ‘check’ on what they may be able to get me but I made sure they didn’t pull a credit report since I knew it dings my score).

David G.