Remember my commitment? just signed another deal! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Curt - Tx on December 14, 2000 at 23:37:52:

Matt,
I liked your post…I am a newbie wanting to do my 1st deal, but keep getting resistance from my wife to concentrate on my “JOB”, or to get another “JOB” that I would be happy with. I tell her that I hate my job (corporate america) and that RE investing is my “calling”. She just doesn’t understand.
My reason for replying is to see if your RE passion had anything to do with getting a divorce? She’s killing my confidence in myself to do this and therefore…I sure am gonna miss her.

Keep up the momentum, it’s inspiring!!

Remember my commitment? just signed another deal! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on December 13, 2000 at 16:15:39:

For those of you that read my post a few days ago committing to doing 10 deals by convention time, here’s number 2.

Since getting fired up again and deciding to take serious action, I decided that I didn’t care if my soon-to-be ex-wife was going to try to fight with me over a piece of any new deals that I did. I had assigned away all my deals, and resigned myself to hiding my head in the sand until my divorce was final. However, I just could not keep doing that, knowing what I know about creative real estate (thanks entirely to this site), finances, and having done many deals in the past.

Well, the “first” deal that I did, which was last week was a quick flip that put enough money in my pocket to buy myself a car to replace the one that my wife had taken. After I did that, I decided to put up some old “We buy houses” signs that I had made up months ago, but never put up due to trying to pull out of the real estate game. Well, I got a few calls over the weekend and yesterday signed a new lease option deal!

I’ll tell you what, I think I understand what heroine addicts feel now! When I signed that deal, I got the rush that I remember getting every time I signed a deal. The funny thing is that at my new job, every time I get that big paycheck in the mail, all I think about is how to get away from working a job again! It felt great offering these sellers a solution to their problem, plus knowing that I had worked a great deal for myself. (I negotiated 3 and a half months before my first payment is due! (It’s the slow season for real estate, you know!) Is that enough time to find a tenant/buyer?) Anybody know where I can get treatment for this affliction of mine?

AWESOME…keep it up…nt - Posted by JCPerry_NH

Posted by JCPerry_NH on December 14, 2000 at 07:02:53:

nt

Way to Go, Matt! - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 13, 2000 at 21:36:02:

There’s no stopping you now. We’re all rooting for you!

JP

Remember my commitment? just signed another deal! - Posted by JuFu

Posted by JuFu on December 13, 2000 at 19:46:10:

Whoa, congrats on the success! What to you do by the way? Heh, sorry, I just LOVE to hear success experiences! Yeah, the Real Estate business is really slow season and with Winter kicking in, it’s getting even slower!

Congrats and I wish ya the best of luck.

Send me an email too if you can!

Check out Realtybar.com for professional and free Real Estate Services!

Congrats! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on December 13, 2000 at 17:03:09:

Matt,
Unfortunately, I mean fortunately, I think it’s terminal and progressive. No known cure, although there are some agents that can temporarily slow the acceleration - divorce, J.O.B., relocating to name a few - but these are only temporary. However, there are support groups, and this of course, is one of the best ones. Continue to share your feelings until you’ve reached ACCEPTANCE. LOL…