Rehab Cost Estimating Software - What's Good? - Posted by James

Posted by mei122@aol.com on June 12, 2003 at 18:23:06:

How much does the software cost?

Rehab Cost Estimating Software - What’s Good? - Posted by James

Posted by James on June 11, 2003 at 17:34:33:

I’m going to be venturing into the quick flip rehab business very soon and am considering the idea of using a comprehensive software package (Windows based) to help me with design aspects of the rehab, and to provide material and cost estimates for paint, kitchen remodel, flooring, roofing, etc. based on the house design I input into it. This would be for interior design, exterior design and landscaping. I went to amazon.com to look at what they are selling and what the purchaser’s of these products are saying about them. For the most part, they all get pretty crappy ratings, however, the number of reviewers is generally small. Just wondering if anyone out there has one to recommend. There is one called 3D Home Architect by Broderbund that gets OK reviews, but that seems to be about it.

Re: Rehab Cost Estimating Software - What’s Good? - Posted by Marc NJ

Posted by Marc NJ on June 12, 2003 at 24:41:18:

Home depot puts out a software disc that will give you all thier prices in thier stock.This will give you a feel of how much materials will cost.
Your own experience will be the best estimator of rehab cost. Experience and a calculator should take care of this. Also, when I first started I used contractors to price out jobs, then experience kicks in and you’ll know what just about every thing should cost you.
Hope this helps, Good luck and God Bless.
Marc NJ

Re: Rehab Cost Estimating Software - What’s Good? - Posted by James

Posted by James on June 12, 2003 at 18:04:29:

Thanks Marc. I actually have the Home Depot CD and it has been pretty useful. I like the design software idea as I can get a better visual on my thoughts before I do something that looks bad (e.g. bad choice in tile, paint, etc). Sometimes I think I’m not imaginative enough, and it seems the software might help me out there.