realestate fraud - Posted by james

Posted by martin maldonado on September 26, 2005 at 20:43:50:

this real estate man name curt venn 821 east main willow springs mo.65793 ph.#417-469-4764 or 417-252-4586 took me for 12,000 dollars on house in kanas mo.the house had no floor in the bathroom ceiling was tore up no pluming walls rotten was in a flood district i sign no papers he mail me a deed marion county kanas mo. address is 207 olive st. peabody kanas mo. he lied about everything about the house need help getting my money back and make sure he do not do this to any one else my name is martin maldonado i am disable i live hayward calif. 94544 my number is 510-209-5471 please help me thanks god bless you martin maldonado p.s call me or email me

realestate fraud - Posted by james

Posted by james on August 29, 2005 at 24:18:49:

someone forged my fathers name on a quit claim deed and sold his house, i went to one lawyer and they said i couldn’t get the house back because the new owner bought the house in good faith,i don’t think he knows what he’s talking about, so i’m going to consult with another lawyer. could you help me out with this please, by the way i live in california.

Re: realestate fraud - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on August 29, 2005 at 08:14:35:

the lawyer may be right, but that is not the end of the story. there are laws in many states that protect good faith purchasers of property.

  1. find out who purchased the property, and see if they will provide you with copies of the closing documents. The more you can learn about the “seller,” the better changes you have to get resolution.

  2. The buyer here may be just as much a victim as you are. Be nice and courteous. It is highly unlikely that the seller knew about the scam, because they put their hard earned dollars in the property.

  3. Get a copy of the deed. See who notarized your dad’s signature. Ask to see the notarial journal, and see if they got a driver’s license number. It is possible that the “seller” had a fake ID prepared, but it might also be the case that the notary neglected to do her job properly.

  4. There may be a way to get the title company on the hook here, assuming there was a title policy issued.

Re: realestate fraud - Posted by River City

Posted by River City on August 29, 2005 at 06:05:15:

Has your father filed a police report? Go to the Federal Trade Commission’s website and follow their instructions on reporting identity theft, as this is just that. If you know the name of the lender (you can check public records) you should contact the lender. Generally lenders sell their loans to investors if they do not portfolio them. When a lender learns of a loan being obtained via identity theft, they are not allowed to sell it to anyone. BUT, you have to file a police report first. In the year 2003, there were over 9,000,000 reported occurrences of identity theft. Good luck. Know that this will be a long and hard battle.