Real Estate purchases using IRA rollover - Posted by ron riherd

Posted by Julia on July 17, 2001 at 15:23:47:

Ron-
There are a number of excellent articles on self-directed IRA’s on this site. Check out http://www.real-estate-online.com/art-139.html

Julia

Real Estate purchases using IRA rollover - Posted by ron riherd

Posted by ron riherd on July 17, 2001 at 15:09:09:

I have been told by a CPA that it is possible to use funds from my rollover IRA to purchase real estate. However, I would need a trustee or administrator. Has anyone used this method? Can you provide additional information?

Mid-Ohio Sec or Entrust - Posted by JT - IN (St. John, USVI)

Posted by JT - IN (St. John, USVI) on July 17, 2001 at 22:05:03:

Find Mid-Ohio Securities or Entrust. They both offer this service of self directing the IRA, to buy and hold property. Their web sites are easily avail.

JT - IN (St. John, USVI)

Re: Is this a great country or what? - Posted by JB

Posted by JB on July 17, 2001 at 19:42:24:

Hello Ron. I’m glad to see that you are actively using this site. I’m on it daily - really great advise. Let’s talk this week!

Re: Real Estate purchases using IRA rollover - Posted by JT - IN (St. John, USVI)

Posted by JT - IN (St. John, USVI) on July 17, 2001 at 16:24:15:

There are several custodians that advertise on this site, that will allow you the flexibility to have your self-directed IRA, or others IRA, buy the RE, in Fee-Simple, or hold a mtg on such.

It is a great way to go, vs. allowing a portfolio magr to invest your funds, w/o having as much vested interest and concern, as you would have for your own funds.

Do a search of the archives to access the options.

Just the way that I view things…

JT - IN (from St. John, USVI)