Real-Estate Investing - Posted by Helen Fernandez

Posted by Gib on December 23, 2000 at 15:36:36:

You might want to check your librabry for Robert Allen’s “Nothing Down” or the updated “Nothing Down for the 90’s”

Real-Estate Investing - Posted by Helen Fernandez

Posted by Helen Fernandez on December 22, 2000 at 24:18:34:

Back in 1997, I undertook to buy a 3-apartment rental in New Jersey. The down-payment was $6K.
It was the best decision I ever made. I am now currently unemployed and the rental monies covers mortgages for both the rental and my own home. My only regret is not having pursued it after 1997. This experience of being unemployed has awakened the passion to pursue real-estate investing as a way to achieving financial independence. It can be done!

I have the Carlton Sheets real-estate investing course and although I did not use his methods for buying the rental, I have to say that Carlton Sheets informercial which I have seen for years and his course have been inspiring and motivating tools. I recently took out the course again and started looking/hearing his tapes.

Another great motivator for me has been reading Elaine Zimmerman’s book, “How to Retire with a Million Dollars; A Complete Level-Headed Guide to Making Safe, Secuire and steady Money in Real Estate.” The book is not very long, approximately 144 pages, but she goes to the heart of how to invest in real-estate.

Re: Real-Estate Investing - Posted by Kareem

Posted by Kareem on December 22, 2000 at 08:51:15:

If any one knows of a most convenient way for me to own Elaine Zimmerman’s book, I would appreciate the info. Needless to say, I’ll see if it’s available to me locally as well.

Re: Real-Estate Investing - Posted by Helen Fernandez

Posted by Helen Fernandez on December 22, 2000 at 16:30:38:

Kareem,

The book cost approximately $22.00. I read it once while I was in Barnes and Nobles. I believe you can order it from Amazon.com but you might have to wait a few weeks since it is in the out-of print list.

Re: Real-Estate Investing - Posted by Iris

Posted by Iris on December 23, 2000 at 13:36:17:

Helen,

Thank you very much for posting your suggested reading on Elaine Zimmerman’s “How to Retire With A Million Dollars…” I’m just beginning to look into real estate investing and need to find something for beginners. Do you have any other suggestions or resources for beginners? I would appreciate any info you can give.