Real Estate Agents - Posted by stampedingVA

Posted by Carmen on August 05, 1999 at 07:52:32:

Others may disagree, but I am all for “competition” - I am a realtor, and would not make any of my buyers sign any “agreements” that will tie them to me - how can I? If I don’t do my job, then these poor people will be homeless. The most I would ask for is, if an agent shows you a particular property, then by all means let them write the contract for you - that’s the only way they get paid. Don’t go behind anyone’s back, let them know you may be working with other agents but that you “really want to find someone I can work with consistently” - the good ones will float to the top, and will work hard to earn your business. Most agents are steered away from investors by their brokers, so I would try to find an “investor-friendly” realty company.

Real Estate Agents - Posted by stampedingVA

Posted by stampedingVA on August 04, 1999 at 23:51:09:

As I look for rehab properties with the help of RE agents, should I sign a buyer agency agreement with one good agent or just work with a few without any agreement?

If the latter, how far would those agents go for me, such as searching through MLS for an hour or so?

Thanks.

Re: Real Estate Agents - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on August 05, 1999 at 09:00:43:

I don’t sign Buyer’s agency agreements with anyone. You need to maintain a level of integrity yourself and make sure that you bring the deal to the realtor that finds it for you.
As long as you are buying homes from them they will bend over backwards and continue to pull listings for you. If you constantly have them pull listings but never buy, they make no money and there motivation to help you will dwindle very quickly.

I always make it a point to make a few offers withing 48 hours of my first contact with a new realtor. Hopefully one gets accepted right away. You have a loyal realtor after that.

Steve