Real Deal - Real Dealers - Posted by Roberta Standen

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on June 27, 2006 at 16:17:45:

I have always felt that there is some truth to the old platitude; “Those that can’t teach (or will try to sell you something), and those that can DO…”

David Butler and Roberta Standen are actively IN the Note business and most importantly are involved and DO what they teach.

Who do you want to learn from? Someone in the trenches on a daily basis, evaluating deals, cutting and doing deals, etc. or the lastest so called guru who has come out with a “new” tape series, promotional product, or get rick quick scheme…? I think the answer should be obvious.

Learn from those that do what they teach.

Best to your success,
Michael Morrongiello
Author of the Unity of Real Estate & “Paper” home study course (and another DOER)

Real Deal - Real Dealers - Posted by Roberta Standen

Posted by Roberta Standen on June 27, 2006 at 12:36:11:

Based on a surprising number of e-mail inquiries to the announcements regarding the Note Smart Marketing Workshop next month, it appears many folks are under the impression that David Butler and I are somehow part of the America?s Note Network.

I wanted to be sure to advise all of have that question… THAT IS NOT THE CASE!

The Note Smart Marketing Workshop is being presented by our two respectiv companies, Note Servicing Center, and Hotspur Investment Group.

My husband Tom and I are not, and never have been, part of the America?s Note Network. We were guest presenters for the ANN Triple Crown Workshops in 2003 and 2004, at the request of David Butler, and purely as a result of our relationship and respect for him. We ceased that participation in June 2004, when we decided it was not in our best interest to be perceived as part of ANN.

David separated from ANN earlier this year. He is now recovering from major heart surgery and has recently begun the process of getting back out on his own as a full-time note buyer, and part-time private cash flow educator.

During a discussion/brainstorming session with Dave here in CA a few months ago, we talked about how we might be able to help students who were struggling with getting their note business off the ground. It was then that we came up with the idea of an affordable workshop - free from hype and pressure selling of other products - and small enough so that where we would have the time to work more “hands on” with serious students, in the area of marketing their business as there should be in every ?true? Workshop.

The result was the arrangement of our new two-day “No Smoke ? No Mirrors” workshop being held in Denver on July 29th - 30th, 2006.

If we are lucky enough to see you at the Workshop, it would be a pleasure. In case we don?t ? we take this opportunity to wish you success in the Note Business. I?m here to tell you that it can be done - my husband Tom and I have bought, sold, traded and serviced voluminous amounts of notes and other cash flows for over 22 years now.

If you would like to have more information about the workshop please go to: http://www.sellerloans.com/seminars/Denver_Colorado_July_29th_to_30th_2006.html

Roberta M. Standen

Note Servicing Center

Straight shooters - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on June 30, 2006 at 10:20:41:

Anybody wanting to learn the note business couldn’t do better than to go to this workshop.

These are truly pros who know this business and I’d rely on anything they told me as being gospel and the best advice they know how to dispense.

Indeed you’d get no smoke or mirrors here.

I’ve personally done business with Standens and DB and better people can’t be found.

Good luck to you guys in your new joint venture.

John Merchant