Re-Side House - Posted by ErickaD

Posted by jason sc on June 18, 2007 at 12:40:41:

I’ve preasure washed aluminum siding befor with no problems

But your right if it looks bad or is starting to peel - then its probably not the best idea

Jason

Re-Side House - Posted by ErickaD

Posted by ErickaD on June 18, 2007 at 05:36:28:

Do you re-side a house that has aluminum siding that is in good shape? I saw a house that has white wider siding that is in good condition. The windows are old and plain and make the house look really unimpressive. I am considering replacing them.

Re: Re-Side House - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on June 18, 2007 at 14:07:15:

Aluminum takes paint very well and can be painted with more up to date colors like clay. Look at new houses to pick up ideas for new colors. I would not replace old aluminum siding unless it was damaged badly.

Re: Re-Side House - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on June 18, 2007 at 09:25:39:

If the house has no curb-appeal and the siding is in good shape, then consider putting some funds into landscaping. It can make a ton of difference, if you cutsefy the house with lush plantings, arbor, white picket fence etc.

Michaela

Re: Re-Side House - Posted by jason SC

Posted by jason SC on June 18, 2007 at 09:12:16:

I would not re-side a house where the siding looks good. Maybe preasure wash it

jason sc
www.jason morris realestate.com

Re: Re-Side House - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on June 18, 2007 at 12:38:19:

No, do not pressure wash aluminum siding. You’ll wash the color right off of it.

I learned this lesson the hard way.

Aluminum siding is a tough one. I think it always looks old, even when it’s in good shape. It’s very difficult to remove. You’ll get at least a few cuts from the sharp edges.

The one positive is that you can turn it in for scrap $.

I have heard of people painting aluminum siding. I believe there is even a special paint for it. But, I don’t have any experience with the painting aspect.

Bob